Chapter 4

Contuine  later

A NEW  ERA  Part  2

Cleopatra  walked  gravely behind   her  silbings, the  heat  of  the Egytian  sun  beating  on  them   all.      They  walked  away  from  the    tomb    of  where  their  father  was   born  back  into  the   palace.   

Cleopatra   wondered  what  the   future  was  going   hold.   as  she  was   thinking   what   would  she   do about  her  brother  Ptolemy  13.   She  needed   to  get  rid  of   him  so  that  she    can  reign  supreme.      Her  thoughts  were  intrepreted  by    the  calling  of  her  name  by  her  younger  sister  Arisone.

 Cleoptra!   Arisone  called   while  the walked  back  with  their   handmaidens  back  to  the   palace.  The  Egyptian  sun was   really  tiring. Arisone  could  feel  it.

Cleopatra   Arisone  called  . Come  along and  then  Cleopatra  realized  that  she  was  walking  very  slowly  behind  her  silbings  and   was  falling  behing.  Cleopatra  then   walked brisly  towards   her  sister  Arisone    and  then  Arisone  asked  " What  is  going to  happen to  us  now? "    and  Cleopatra   shrugged  and   said  I  have  no  idea.

I  don't  know  what's   going  happen to  us  but  we  will find  out  together. Cleopatra  said  to Arisone   but  all  she  was  thinking   was  how  to get  rid  of  all  her  silbings.   She was  a Ptolemy  and  they  kill  each  other  and  stabb each in the  back.  She  was  not  going to feel  guilty   about  that.

Arisone  then  said  Cleopatra  who   would  rule     Egypt  will  be     you  and  Ptolemy   and  Cleopatra   shushed  her  younger  sister  and  said   "  Arisone   I have  no idea  yet    but  we  should  not  be  worrying  about  these  things  but  mourn  our  father.

The  13 year  old  Ptolemy  turned  back and  said     Arisone  , yes  it  would  be  Cleopatra   and  I.  I   have  no  idea  why  our  sister   is  being  shy  about  this.  WE  know  you Cleopatra   you have thought  about.   Don't  pretend  with  us.

Cleopatra  was fuming  and  thought  to  herself   no way  I am  going   rule with  him.  I  will  be  damn  by the gods  that that  child  and  I  will  be  co-regents.  Father  should  have  left  the  Egypt to  me  and  me  alone.  I  am  the  eldest  she fumed to herself.

Ptolemy  had  made  her  life  hard  when  he  found  out  that  they  were  to  rule  together  ,  he did  not want  to rule   with  anyone  including  his  own sister.

Cleopatra  knew  that despite that  he  was  only  13,  Ptolemy was  sly,  smart  and  shrewd.  He   learn  from their  father  well.

Ptolemy  then said   You  and  I  will have  to  marry Cleopatra  he  said  evily , Father   placed  that  in the  will.

No   I  don't  ever.  I will change  this  law  if    its the  last  thing  I  do. i will  not rule  with  a  child  and  I will be  the  greatest  pharoh   the  world's   has ever  seen.  Just watch

Ptolemy smiled  no    Cleopatra  I will be  the   greatest  pharoah  ever.

Arisone  watched    these  two  and  she  knew  that  there  was  trouble  ahead  for  her  and  her  family.   

Cleopatra  was   eager  to  start  her  regin  but  she    needs  to get  rid  of  her  younger  brother  Ptolemy.

 Some  weeks  had  gone  over  and   both  Cleopatra   and  her  brother  Ptolemy   were  ready  to  start  their   . They  both  wnet  into  the  temples   speaking to  priests  and  their   advisors  and  everyone  told  them  the same  thing. They  had  to    get  married.  It   was  tradition. They had  to  marry. Cleopatra  agreed  only because  she  wanted  the   people  to accept  her   and  gain their  trust  but  slowly  but   surely  she   will  get rid  of   the  wormy  brother  of  hers.

Cleopatra  had  no  choice  but   to  wed  her  brother.  The  next day  while  the  servants were    making  a  huge  fuss  over  her.  Arisone  came  to   her  sister's room and   ask " Are  you sure  to wnat  to  marry  him"

Cleopatra  looked at  her  sister  and  said   no  I don't  want  to  marry  him but  I have  no choice. and then  Arisone    then  said    you  know  you can  have  him killed  you know.  and Cleopatra  replied  yes  I can  but  It  would be  too soon and the  people  would be suscipious 

Arisone   wanted  to  make  it  sure  it  was  clear   asked  again   Cleopatra   are  you  sure   about  this . You  have  been   under  a  lot  of  pressure   Arisone  said     Are  you  positive ?

Cleopatra  let  out  a  heavy signed  and  said  "  I am  Postive  , I am not  going give  up   my  right   to  rule  because  I have  to  marry  Ptolemy.  This  is  just  a  simple  problem  that  could   be fixed.

I am  sorry ,  I just think  you  have  been  under  alot of  pressure  lately. Arisone  said.  Cleopatra then  replied    leave  me  be , I am  going  to  rule    and  marrying   our  worm of  a  brother  is not  going to  stop  it.

Tell  the  chief  priest   I am  ready.   Cleopatra   was  tired  of  explaining     herself.   Arisone  nodded  and  left  to  find  the  priest.  Cleopatra.

Cleopatra  sat  on the  stool   and   had  the   servants  prepare  for this  scam  of  a  wedding.    Cleopatra  and  Ptolemy both  knew  the  marriage  would  not  last.  The  question was   who was  going  kill  who first.   Cleopatra  will  do anuthing rule   Egypt