Chapter 2

After a while did Emily fell asleep in Nate's arms. "How is Ana? Can I see her?" "Yes, but you must prepare yourself. I think it is best if you give Emily back to Dante. You can pick her up at home when you have everything ready for her." She warned him.

"Okay. I will try and get everything ready for her by tonight." He gave a sleeping Emily to Dante. "Can we talk tonight?" He asked his brother. "Yes, it would be great if we could talk about what happened."

"Come with me Nathan." Micaela spoke softly. He got up and followed her. She let him down a corridor and stopped outside a door.

"Don't freak out she is still the same Ana. Try to remember what she looked like before." She said before open the door. In the room was a bed. On the bed laid a broken and pale Ana.

She was hooked up to machine. She had a pipe helping her breathe. Her right leg and left arm was in a cast. Her head was wrapped in a bandage.

Nate took a seat next to her. "How bad is it?" "Pretty bad. Her right leg and left arm is broken. She has five broken ribs and two cracked ones. One of her ribs punctured her lung and her lung collapsed. She needs a machine the help her breath. She also has severe head trauma and bleeding in the brain. We stopped the bleeding but the swelling has yet to go down. Her body shut down to protect it. She is in a coma and due to the fact that her severe head injury will it be impossible to tell when she will and if she will wake up."

"Shit. Is a chance that she would never wake up?" Nate asked worried. "Yes, it is a possibility but our biggest problem is that her brain could succumb to its injury." Nate let out a shaky breath.

"Can she hear us or me if I talk to her?" He asked touching Ana's hand. "Some people who were in a coma could hear everything around them while other didn't. You can talk to her but I am not sure if she will hear you. I will give you some time alone with her."

Nate took Ana's hand in his. His thumb rubbing over he knuckles. "I am so sorry. I should have listened to you. I know I fucked up really badly and I will never stop apologising and I would understand if you don't want anything to do with me for the rest of my life but I need you to wake up. We have a daughter, you gave me a beautiful daughter and I don't know what to do. I need your help raising her. I have no idea what I am going to do but I will do everything I can."

He kissed her cheek before whispering in her ear. "Please get better my beautiful angel princess." He left her room and went back to his car. He drove over to his parents' house. His mother opened the door. "Nate what are you doing here? Is everything alright? Come in." He and his mother walked to the kitchen. Nate started pacing up and down.

"I made a huge mistake and now it came back to bite me in the ass. Mom can you tell me everything that a twenty-one-month-old girl needs? I can get clothing, toys, a bed but I need your advice on the food, dippers, milk and everything else."

His mother looked at him as if he was out of his mind. "Why would you possibly want to know all those things?" "Because I am the father of a beautiful girl." He said with a small smile on his face. "That is prosperous. Who is the mother?" "Ana." His mother broke out in laughter.

"Never mind, I will go ask someone who will actually help me." He said before storming out of the house. He called his assistant while he was driving home.

"Britney, I am sorry I know it is your day off but I have an emergency. Get me everything and I mean everything that a twenty-one-month-old girl would need and I need it before the end of today. Thank you." He said before hanging up.

It was just past ten a.m. when he walked into his house. Nakita was sitting at the kitchen island with only his shirt on. "Morning baby where have you been?" She said when she saw him. "I have had a crazy morning and I have something important to tell you."