Chapter 4

Nate gave Ana her space knowing she is upset and mad and she probably wanted to spent some time with their daughter. He did try calling her but she left her phone at his house. He knew Micaela was going to call him and yell at him so when she called him was he already prepared.

"Hello Micaela." "Hey, Nate. I know you went on a date last night and I am happy for you but I just want to know when you are going to pick Emily up. We were thinking about going to the fun fair today and I just want to know if Emily could come with?"

"Yeah she can go but you might want to ask Ana. She maybe wants to spent time with her. Is she still there?" "What are you talking about?" She asked baffled. "I have been seeing Ana. It was her I went on a date last night and this morning when she woke up, she freaked out because she remembered what I did and left to see Emily."

"You did what? I told you to give her space. Why didn't you tell me you were doing? I am her doctor and sister. Do you have any idea what you could have done? She is not here." Micaela yelled at him. "What do you mean she left more than an hour ago?"

"Shit! I am assuming she took the car. You have to find her. If she puts too much stress on her brain could she collapse or even lose more of her memories." She exclaimed upset. "Fuck! Okay I will track her through the GPS. I'll call you when I find her." "I just hope you find her soon." He ended the call. 'Please be okay.' He thought to himself.

Ana drove fast around the city. She thought she remembered the way to Micaela's but she didn't. After an hour of getting more and more lost did she decide to stop and flag down a police car. It was proving more and more difficult so she pressed the horn and refed the car. Ten minutes past before a police car stopped behind her.

She shut the car off and got out. "Officer thank goodness. I stole my ex-husband's car because we had a fight. I wanted to go see my daughter but I couldn't remember the way the house so I thought if I drive around then maybe I would find it but I got lost." The police officer looked at her.

Her hair was a mess and eyes were red off crying. "Miss who are you and who is your ex-husband?" "I am Ana Abrahams and my ex-husband is Nathan Davison." The police officer shook his head. Not believing her. She looked like a crack head.

"I am going to have to arrest you for robbery and take you to the station. Put your hands behind your back." She did as she was told and the police officer took her to the station.

She was put in a holding cell. The woman and men are split. The men get calling her trying to her attention. "Hey pretty little girl. What are you in for? I have an idea maybe you could show me?" The men laughed while the woman looked at her with disgust. "You are pathetic, weak and nothing. You won't survive the night." They taunted her.

Nate arrived at the police station. "Good day officer." "Mister Davison we were just about to call you. We found the woman who stole your car. I suspect she is mentally unstable she talked about a daughter and that she was your ex-wife. We have her in the cells."

"She is my ex-wife!" He exclaimed. "Get her out of there now. I am not pressing any charges against her." The officer looked shocked at him. "Certainly. You can come with me." The officer lead Nate to the cells and opened the door for him.

She was rocking herself back and forth. He got inside and picked Ana up from the ground. "If she is hurt you will pay." Nate threatened the officer. "My people will get the car later." He said before leaving.

He got Ana in the back seat before driving off. "Ana did they hurt you?" She looked at him. "No, they just said disgusting things." "I am sorry this is my fault." "It is okay. I overreacted because only remember bits and pieces of my past and last night I remembered our fight and the only reason why I knew we were married because the paper is signed had the words divorce."

"I am sorry about that night. It will haunt me for the rest of my life." "Will you tell me about us?" "Off course. I have to make a call quickly." Nate used the handset and called Micaela. "You bastard tell me, did you find her!" She yelled at Nate. "Yes, she is fine and in the car with me." "Ana, are you there?" "Yes."

Before anyone could talk any further was there a loud crash. "Ana? Nate? Goddammit talk to me someone." She said before she heard voices. "The boss would be happy we finally got him away of his daughter."

Micaela could hear their footsteps on the glass getting louder. "Lookey, lookey we have a surprise for the boss. We have two birds one stone." "The boss is going to be so happy. I will take the girl. You take him." Micaela heard their footsteps walking away before she ended the call and called the police.

Nathan woke later to find that he and Ana were tied to chairs and gagged. Ana started to move slowly. She looked around. They were in a dark and mouldy room. There was only a single light in the room. Nate tried to move to get himself lose. He began rubbing the rope against the chair when they heard a door unlocking.

"Ah look who is awake." Nate looked at the woman shocked to see her. "Don't look so shocked Nate." The Nate's eyes follow the woman as she walks around Ana and pulled the gag out of her mouth.

"Nakita?" Nate's brows furrow between Ana and Nakita. Nakita burst out laughing. "Nate, Baby you should see your face. You are wondering how Ana and I know each other well let me tell you. She is my younger sister." Nate's eyes widen with shock and horror.

Nakita went behind Nathan and all so undid his gag. "Why are you doing this? It has been more than three years." "Shut up Nate or I will hurt Ana in front of you." Nate closed his mouth and quietly continued rubbing the ropes.

"Nakita, I don't understand. Why are you doing this?" "Because of you!" Nakita screamed. "You were always the pretty one. Everyone chooses you above me." "I don't know what you are talking about." Ana told her.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you have memory loss let me give you the list. First when you were born dad give more attention to you than me. Second, you always had more friends than me. Third, you got new clothing. Fourth, dad chose you when he and mom got the divorce. Fifth, you took dad away. It was your fault he died in that car crash. It was your fault because you wanted to go for ice-cream. Sixth, you married the man I loved. And seventh, you stole my life away from me. I was supposed to be rich, get beautiful clothing and everything I could ever want!" She screamed.

"I never knew! You never said anything." "I didn't have to. Mom realised what was going on and that is why she kicked you out. When I found out you married Nate I started planning." "What plan? What did you do?" Nate asked.

"I won't tell you again to shut up Nate." Nakita warned slapping Ana across the face. "It was quite easy to split you up. Nate do you remember Ana being so tired after the flight back from your honeymoon. Well it was because I paid the flight attended to put something in her drink. It was just my luck when your sister-in-law showed up at your door thinking your brother was cheating. The reason why I know that is because I was with Ana in the room."

Nakita let out a malicious laugh. "I was actually there to make Ana baran but I changed my plan and got one of my goons who looks a lot like your brother to get naked in bed with Ana. It was easy to make the fake sex tape and you believed the tape without giving poor Ana a chance. It is actually pathetic." "You are sick!" Nate screamed.

"Oh, baby I am sickly in love with you. That is why I went to extreme measures when Ana found out what I did. You see two months before Ana's accident she found out what I did and what my plans are so I had to take matters in my own hands. The night of her accident was she on her way you to tell you about Emily and what I did. That trucks were supposed to kill her but it didn't and even when she was in her hospital bed you still chose her over me!" Nakita screamed.

"It ends now." She said as she pulled out the gun. Nate worked faster and faster to get out of the ropes. "You don't have to do this. I forgive you. I understand why you did this. We won't say anything just let us go." Ana spoke trying to calm Nakita down.

"No!" She screamed before cocking her gun and putting the safety of. It happed so fast there was a crash noise followed with a loud bang and when Ana opened her eyes was Nakita gone and Nate laying on the ground bleeding from his chest.

"Nate! No." Ana cried. Nate smiled at her. "It is going to be okay. I am so sorry for everything I did. I love you." Nate spoke softly before his eyes fell shut.