Chapter 8: The Ripper

999 A.D.
Slovakia

" Killing doesn't make you a monster"

" If you feel remorse to what have you done. It means you're not a monster"

" Sometimes. You have to kill to survive"

" If your hesitating to kill then, you have a low chance to live"

" Its a survival of the fittest"

" Its either you kill them or they kill you and your love ones"

" A monster is someone who enjoy killing. And killing someone just for fun"

Anna sigh as she remember where she first kill someone. Its been one year since she stay in the past/alternate world. Maybe because it has something to do with her being dead again. Her first kill, she sleep having a nightmare but it all lessen when she is comforted by Robin, the Merry men and Tanya who join their group after they save her.

Killing at first is uncomfortable for her. But she is starting to understand that in this era. Its more of survival of the fittest where the strongest live. Where there's no time to hesitate or they will be the one to kill you.

Its the first time she stay in the timeline for so long that she just stay in the camp after she killed the duke's right man, helping the others making a trap. There she spend a lot of time together with Tanya.

Duke's right hand incident and Tanya's disappearance in castle cause Duke to be angry as he order his soldiers to find their hiding place and capture them and have a public execution.

Which didn't go well as the Merry men are in the city, giving some money to the poor when the soldiers ambush their hide out and find out that someone betray them. Anna who is the only fighter left went to defend their home as she rip all the soldiers aside from the traitor as he is sent back with a message and a reminder not to mess with their group which earn her a new name 'Death Ripper' where no moves were wasted and those who cross her path will end up Dead.

" I knew I will find you here" Anna head snap at the side seeing Tanya leaning at the tree with her sword.

" Tanya." She acknowledge as she fire another arrow hitting its target.

" You know.... Your becoming predictable. Your not the only one who killed people. Each one of us did" Tanya said as she approach Anna.

" I know... I just.. can't help but think about it" Anna trailed off. Tanya nod knowing how kind Anna is.

" You and your kind heart. Unlike you, my goal is to kill the duke for the years of what I've been through him" Tanya said with conviction. Anna tighten her grip to her bow as she remember Tanya's story where the duke used her as a sex slave. And she herself want to kill the duke for herself. Tanya who saw her expression grab her hand and squeeze it for comfort making Anna look at her with smile.

" Spar with me?" Tanya ask softly

" Sure" Anna answer softly as she put her bow aside and sheath her sword.

1000 A.D.

Another one year staying. Tanya and Anna become closer than before. Both discover that Bellas has a gift that she can command someone who is weaker than her with her gift. She also has a huge amount of strength and clear eyesight that able to catch arrow with bare hands.

Crack

" Fuck!" Anna curse as she, Robin and other merry men saw some of their dead family hanging in the tree with a message. And the others are captured for public execution. What worse is Tanya and Marian(Robin's lover) is captured by the Duke's men.