Fish in the Water

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

A pleasant smell emanating from the pot, her stomach almost grumbled. (E/c) eyes trained on the food, she intertwined her fingers and rubbed her thumbs together. The warm flames sent a satisfying wave of warmth her way as she found that she could actually relate somewhat to what he had just told her. "I think that's also what drew me to my husband. He lived out in the woods, and it was quiet. My old home was so confining, and, with him, it was very freeing."

Of course, Tarhuinn didn't live out in the woods, but the rest was true in a way. Despite the troubling parts of this journey, she was experiencing more of the world. "Or, maybe, it was more curiosity that drew me to him. I had never lived out of a village setting before, and he seemed to offer something much more thrilling in life. There was the chance to leap out and explore something new."

While explaining this, however, she didn't notice the expression of fondness that began to paint her face. (F/n) didn't register at first that a few tears had begun to run down her cheeks. Sure, Tarhuinn had caused her immense pain from calling out to her, and he was overprotective on an unhealthy level, but he had trusted her enough to take her out on this journey. He had given her a chance at adventure that she never would've had before, yet she had left him behind to the pixies.

(F/n) knew already that she had made the right decision. She had told herself this before. If she hadn't taken this course, they would both be dead. It was simple, yet the image of Tarhuinn's countenance when she broke their agreement was difficult to handle. To him, it was like she had taken his own dagger and stabbed him in the back.

Resting on her left shoulder, a hand snapped her out of her memories. She now felt the tears on her face, and she quickly wiped them away. "I'm sorry. It's just that I wish this had never happened between us. Our marriage was doomed to fail, though, wasn't it? I was too much in a fantasy. I was looking for that perfect moment too much to realize that he just wanted me for my body in the end." A sob left her lips before she covered her eyes with her hands. (F/n) needed to get back into the game; she could only let so much truth slip. If too much came out into the open, the false pieces of the story might look questionable.

Wood scraping against wood sounded before Will faced her. He rested both hands on her shoulders, sending her a sympathetic smile. "Your marriage from the beginning wasn't predestined to fall apart. Your husband made that decision a few nights ago. He's the one who destroyed your relationship by not having trust in you."

Pulling her hands away from her face, he set them on her lap before he went to wiping away her tears. At first, she leaned away from him, but when he persisted, she forced herself to relax. She didn't meet his gaze, though. Instead, she pretended to be shy. Her eyes turned to her left some while she bit her bottom lip to fight back another sob.

As he tended to her sorrow, Will was chuckling on the inside. It was obvious that the woman before him still cared for her husband deeply. There was just enough vulnerability there, however, that he could twist her to his liking. He could sink his fangs in steadily and let the poison corrupt her in such a way that she wouldn't notice it until it was too late.

He was quite tempted, however, to reach over and nip at her flesh to have a taste. Unlike his past house guests, she had never been touched there before. Will could barely resist on finding out what her flesh's difference would be. Patience would be vital, though. If he rushed into this, he might spoil the exceptional prize before him. There was also the possibility that he would never have a house guest like this again, so he should savor her. Besides, she had amused him genuinely several times already. Her innocence really brought some interesting characteristics to the table.