Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Lucifer’s POV

I looked at her incredulously. “Sally, not that I’m not grateful or anything, but how exactly do you plan on helping us with the situation?”

She looked at me like I was crazy. “What, am I missing something?”

“Are you for real? Didn’t Satan just ask me to be a part of his schemes? You know… like be his sidekick or something…?”

She waited for it to click; and as soon as it did, I downright refused. “No! Absolutely not!” Did she really think I was going to let her endanger herself for a hopeless cause?

“And why exactly can I not help?” She looked at me expectantly, tapping her foot repeatedly. The expression on her face was one of annoyance.

‘What does he think I am?’ Her thoughts penetrated my head. She was really getting furious.

“Trust me Sally; I know what it is to double cross Satan. You might think that living like a prisoner is Hell? But once you cross Satan, you’ll see things that are much much worse than what you’ve been seeing now!” I hoped I would be able to convince her. I shuddered at the mere thought of Satan finding out that she was planning on double crossing him.

“First of all, Lucifer, this is my choice, not yours. I really have no intention of living like this for the rest of eternity. If my soul was meant to rot in Hell, I’d rather that I do something to deserve it instead of just being put here with no choice.” Her tone of voice was unwavering and strong, but… I could sense her fear. She was as anxious about all of this as I was.

But I’m doing the right thing, she projected her thoughts to me. With some last hesitation, I finally gave her a small nod of approval.

“Fine, you can help… but I swear to god Sally, if you get caught…” The words stuck in my throat. The fear of getting caught was overwhelming. I really had no care of what he’d do to me, but her… she was a whole other story. For some reason, the thought of her getting hurt struck me as scary. For the first time, I, Lucifer, was… scared.

“I’m going to be fine, Lucifer. Have a little faith!” The expression on her face was so determined. I knew I wouldn’t be able to sway her no matter what.

“You can help, but you’ll need some training. And no, I don’t mean in the physical sense”, I said, catching on to her train of thought.

She sighed. “Well, since it’s settled that I’m going to help you, how do you propose that we convince your Father,” she emphasized, which made me flinch “that I have agreed to come onto his side… you know, without him reading my thoughts?” She sighed in frustration and plopped down on my bed, while I took the chair.

“It’s going to be close to impossible for you to learn to block your thoughts completely. Even I am unable to hide my thoughts fully from him. What you need to learn is how to redirect your train of thought without making it too obvious.”

“So… you mean, just not think of the whole double agent thing?” She gave me a perplexed look. I had to laugh the cute expression on her face. She looked like a little angel. I smiled at her, not knowing what I was doing. I heard her suck in some air. Her eyes met mine.

Her beautiful grey eyes were absolutely hypnotizing. It held so much emotion, something you’d never see in the rest of the charges here. My eyes dropped to her lips. If I had retained the ability to think straight, I’d probably try and grasp a few of her thoughts. Unfortunately, my own thoughts were jumbled up.