Chapter 11

Chapter 11

My eyes widened in recognition as I took in the scowling face before me.

“Lucifer,” I mumbled through his hand. He retracted his hand slowly; as if afraid I was going to scream again.

He gave me an annoyed look. “Why the hell were you screaming bloody murder?” 

I scowled at him. “It’s your fault for sneaking up on me! How’d you find me anyways?”

“Your walls fell down,” he spoke nonchalantly. He looked around and frowned at me again. “You’re not supposed to be here. What in Hell drew you to the graveyard?”

“Graveyard?” I asked in a small voice, and visibly gulped. Concern flashed in Lucifer’s eyes for a brief second before he gave me another questioning look. “I was following someone. They ran into this… place, and disappeared. When I entered, I realized it was a dead end… and well, I have no idea how the person, or whatever it was, vanished into thin air.”

For the first time since I met him, I saw fear take over Lucifer’s face. It was an emotion I thought was pretty much unknown to Devils; but there was no mistaking it.

“Lucifer?” I tried to get his attention. Instead of replying, he grabbed my hand and hurried me back to the entrance. However, when saw that the door that allowed us in had now disappeared, that’s when I broke into panic.

“Lu-Lucifer,” I tugged on his hand. I knew my fear was probably irrational, but I couldn’t stop the feeling from overcoming me.

Suddenly, something flashed in the corner of my eyes, and before I knew it, I was thrown across the alley and crashed into a skeleton. I screamed when the skull landed right in front of my face. I saw Lucifer standing where he was, a stone hard expression on his face.

I brushed myself off, and stood up, ready to walk to Lucifer and demand an explanation. But before I could take a step further, Lucifer spoke up. “Don’t. Sally, stay where you are.”

I shot him a confused look, before something flashed again. “Very smart,” something hissed around us, and it took all I had not to let out another ear piercing scream.

Something flashed, and a huge stab of pain rippled through my arm. I looked down at my left arm, only to find a huge gash dripping blood.

‘Lucifer, he can’t hurt me right? I mean, I’m already dead…’ I asked mentally, almost dreading the answer.

“Don’t bother,” Lucifer said, “he can hear your every thought.”

My eyes widened in horror, before I quickly blocked off all my thoughts from the thing’s prying mind.

“My dear girl,” it spoke up again, “your body may be dead, but your soul is mine to feast on.” It said in an almost sing-song voice. I gulped. I refused to show any fear.

The thing started materializing in front of Lucifer. I gasped when I saw what it looked like. The thing had the body shape of a normal human, but it kept on flickering. It’s whole body was simply black and gray, but that wasn’t the worst part. The worst was that it didn’t have any face.

The thing turned to look at me. “Recognize me, Sally dear?” I heard it’s voice ask me. I shook my head in confusion. As far as I know, I’d never met the thing before, and frankly, I’m glad.

The thing’s voice chuckled. I attempted to move my leg forward, but for some reason, my leg was frozen in place. I swallowed hard, and tried to move my hands as well, however, some force was holding my body in place. The fear started overcoming me again, and I looked towards Lucifer, who seemed to be having the same problem as me.