Chapter 4 - Searching for new caves is harder than it looks

Almar felt something soft and warm in his arms. Strange, he did not own pillows this big. He opened his eyes and to his surprise, was met with a big blonde braid. It was Eir, sleeping soundly right next to him. Almar was speechless and did not know what to do or say in the situation. 

  "U-uhmm..." he started but trailed off. 

Eir groaned and then, slowly opened her eyes. At first, she was rather drousy, not quite understanding the situation. But then, her big green eyes grew wide and with a jolt, she jumped up and quickly moved away from the shocked boy as they made eye contact. 

  "Aaaa, sorry, I-I," Almar stuttered with a surprised voice. 

  "No, it's okay!" Eir said. Eira stood between and stared at them both with scary-looking eyes. The little dragon did not look pleased at all. Sylvina was still asleep, snuggled up at the foot of the bed. 

  "Let's pretend that did not just happen," Almar said as his cheeks turned slightly red. 

  "Yeah I totally agree," Eir said, also a little flushed.

  "Human, I'm hungry!" Eira complained to Almar. 

  "Could you wake up Sylvina first?" Almar asked Eira. 

Sylvina was sound asleep and curled up like a ball with her wings folded. Eira skipped towards Sylvina and sank her teeth down into the sleeping dragon's tail. Sylvina immediately woke up and screamed. 

  "What in the leaves was that for, Eira!?" she yelled at the blue dragon who was looking quite amused, all while showing a huge smug grin on her face. 

  "Quit it, you two!" Almar said with a strict voice. 

  "It wasn't my fault, Eira bit my tail!" Sylvina yelled in an accusing voice with a grumpy facial expression, holding her swollen tail out for Almar to see. 

  "Does it hurt?" Eira asked with an innocent voice, putting on a concerned face.

Sylvina's nose turned red and she suddenly jumped Eira. Attacking her, they rolled around like two green and blue little balls. 

  "There will be no fish for the two of you if you keep fighting!" Almar yelled at the two of them.

  "That's not fair!!" Eira yelled back at Almar, suddenly stopping in her actions. 

  "Nothing is fair in this world," Almar simply replied. 

Sylvina and Eira laid down on the ground. 

  "I'm the victim here," Sylvina mumbled to herself. 

Almar still felt a little sick from yesterday. His head was throbbing, like something from inside was trying to punch its way out. The whole world spun so he decided to sit down on the ground. Sylvina crawled up to him but Eira rushed towards her before she could reach him. Slamming into her sister, they rolled around in a chaotic mess again. 

  "Not again! Girls, please stop fighting!" Almar said with a sigh, leaning back against the wall for support. 

  "Stop biting my tail!" Sylvina yelled and ran towards Almar. 

  "Shall I make breakfast for us?" Eir asked, interrupting their little dispute. 

  "Yes please, I'm hungry!" Eira yelled and jumped up.

Almar fell asleep, Sylvina laid down on his stomach and Eira climbed up on top his chest while Eir grilled fishes for them. 

  "I smell fish!!" Eira yelled with pure happiness in her eyes, jumped up and ran towards the firebox.