X¤ The Palace

Happy 4th of July!!

X

Everyone was in a state of shock. After a few more seconds of silence, Nick stands and appears behind Fredrick. His eyes glow red and he releases from his throat an animalistic sound.

Fredrick quickly moves to the side to avoid Nick's attack.

Matvei stays silent. He hasn't moved a muscle.

"How dare you kill my mother?" Nick yells angrily.

Fredrick, with no emotions showing whatsoever, does not reply.

I do not know what to do. Matvei is acting as if his wife means nothing to him but maybe he is still shocked. Dante is smirking like a mad man and Fredrick is fighting a vampire. Today really has been exhausting.

"This was your doing?" Matvei asks Dante.

"Yes it was."

"You do realize what you have done."

"I am well aware."

The room begins to vibrate. I look at Matvei and his eyes are red now.

All the weapons hanging on the walls rise into the air and glide to one spot in the room. Even the forks and knives we used for our dinner rise.

"How are you doing this?" I ask, not out of fear but curiosity. Perhaps I may be able to do such a thing.

Matvei doesn't answer my question. I get angry but before I can say anything else, the objects floating point to Dante.

Why isn't Dante doing anything? He's not even trying to escape. Shouldn't he be scared of losing his life?

The floating objects begin to move. Still Dante does nothing.

Fredrick looks at Dante with worried eyes. And Nick lands an attack on him because of that.

Before the weapons touch Dante I hug him and I close my eyes.

"Calm down Christopher." Dante whispers into my ear. I didn't realize I was breathing quiet hard.

"Are you alright?" I ask, a little too eager to get a response.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you try to escape?" I ask him angrily.

"I didn't think it was necessary."

"What do you mean?"

"I knew I was going to be saved, be it by you or Fredrick."

"... What if I or Fredrick hadn't saved you?"

"Then I would have done something about it."

I frown at him. Who thinks like this?

I ignore him and I observe my surroundings. Where are we? I simply closed my eyes... oh I see, in my state of panic I somehow transported us somewhere safe. It may not have been something as significant as what Matvei was doing but it managed to save Dante's life.

"Fredrick." Dante calmly calls his servant.

In a matter of seconds he appears in front of Dante but kneeling on one knee on the floor. I smell his blood.

"What took you so long?"

"My apologies, sire. Vampires are hard to fight." He looks at me and slightly bows his head. "Thank you young master, for saving-"

"Find a way out of this palace. I don't want to be here." I tell him.

He glances towards Dante and Dante nods. "Very well." He bows and leads us out into a... hall?