CHAPTER 2

"Pride leads to destruction and Arrogance, to downfall" Dee pulled at her hand roughly which was in a tight lock within Xian's hold. She hated it when he brought logic within things. It was one of the main reasons why many fail.

Because they fell in the trap of logistics.

Dee was an illogical person. She was very thorough in whatever she did. But she never let that tiny voice rule her which destroyed many.

Unlike her, Xian knew when to withdraw. He knew his boss knew no bounds from the very beginning. Ever since he started serving Dee, he observed her behavioral patterns closely.

She was vicious and headstrong with morals deviating from normality. She was one of the kind in the way she set grounds for her to live and stand.

Heartless, cold and deadly.

No one can even imagine what the innocent majestic beauty hides behind her allure. It led many to ruination, especially those who underestimated her just because she is a woman and delicate in appearance.

Those who knew D. Sahi know very well what kind of woman she is. What kind of human she is. She doesn't care what the outcome might hold unless it is what she desired. She was more than willing to jump the precipice if it meant to get what she wants.

"They are expecting you" Dee faced Xian with collected expressions while wearing her jacket. It was an inevitable situation and she will have to face it, one way or another. She huffed silently and made her way to the exit with Xian and his two most trusted men following her.

"Get the car ready."

**************

"I am so angry with you, Dee. It's like you are not my sister but some Hollywood celebrity or president of some nation." Dee always found it amusing how Amber could go on talking non-stop. Now that she was pregnant, her level only upped. "And I hate this black color you wear all the time. You know back home, this is considered a bad omen. I am not being illusory but you should wear more colors. You are such a sumptuous and lavish beauty. You don't know how good they will look on you."

"You flatter me, Am" Amber fumed over her answer. It was interesting how a man like Haider Shah, cold-hearted and deadly, was married to such a warm and bubbly woman. They never ceased to amaze Dee.

Amber had Haider wrapped around her little finger in her own unique way. It was hard to imagine him being all cuddly and loving but he became. Amber has made a big difference to him ever since she came into his life two years ago. It was by pure luck. No one thought he will be bringing a wife back.

It was not easy in the beginning and at one point, Dee thought their marriage will end. But they pulled themselves out of the pit and were now an example of awe and envy for many.

"Are you even listening to me?" Dee smiled at her pout, "You always do this. You and Haider are same. He always zones out when I talk to him."

"I don't zone out, baby. I get lost in you" Haider paled when Amber crossed her arms and faced away from him like a child.

"I will leave you two to sort this but hurry. I have to leave shortly." Amber frowned at this. "I'm sorry, Am but some matters need serious attention."

"Same excuse every time, Dee," Amber replied glumly. "It is so hard to convince you to come every year. Why do you do this? I don't want to believe that success has gotten to your head so much that you have even forgotten what truly matters?"

"Amber!" Haider tried to warn Amber but they knew how she was. Upfront and blunt, a quality Dee liked most in her.

"Haider, please!" Amber drawled and approached Dee. She was standing like a statue and facing away from them. Reality. "They never change" Amber stared at her poker face with a sad frown. "How long, Dee? And why?"