CHAPTER 4

Dee bolted straight up with sharp and loud gasps. Her hands went to her throat and she looked around with heavy breaths. For the tiniest part of the second, darkness choked her until she pushed her senses back and got out of bed.

It became impossible for Dee to stay within the confines of four walls. They seemed to be closing in on her every time she looked at them.

Lately, Dee has been unable to sleep properly. Not a day passed when she didn't wake up after being chased by constant nightmares taking over her mind.

But she didn't let them hinder her in any way possible.

She couldn't.

No, if she wants to have what she desires the most.

She adjusted her hair in a hightail and strapped her matte black watch. After donning her Gel Kayano, she fixed i-pod on her arm. Once geared up, she left the vicinity of her room without bothering to wear the track jacket and came straight out of her villa.

Dee began jogging on the marked track at a reasonable pace. It was dark and utterly cold but she couldn't stay inside and ponder over facts that were unnecessary. Her mind couldn't stop wandering back to those thoughts.

Her pace increased and her anger flared.

Dee might have never known what was happening under her watch if she hadn't gone herself.

"Dee!" She focused on the path ahead instead of the person trying to catch up to her. "Slow down, you fast bee." Haider's level of ignorance only fueled her anger more. Dee pushed past her limits to get away from him but he came in front of her and forced her to stop as well.

"Move along, Haider." Dee brushed past him and went to her designated spot. Leaning over the iron railings, she watched the darkness slowly dissipate along the horizon.

But the darkness within her heart and mind could never be chased away.

"You didn't even listen to me. Things are not as they seem-" Dee faced him coldly. His own expressions hardened and his eyes turned cold while matching her glare. "Can you fucking let me explain before making assumptions on your own?"

"You are interfering, Hadi" Dee almost yelled at him. "I warned you not to meddle-"

"And I warned you I will intervene at every step, leading you to the hell." Dee faced away from him when the light glow began to take over the sky.

It always concluded to this and that is why she wanted it to be strictly confidential.

"You were attacked" Haider leaned next to her. "And you expect me to stand by the side and watch while you do this? To yourself? Purposely."

Haider was having great difficulty in watching his anger around Dee. It was hard enough already. The way she was moving forward without any conscience of what the outcome may result in. It was putting him off the edge because he could never tell what she was going to do next.

Haider could never anticipate her moves. Not now and not before when she was young. Dee bloody knew how to play others without actually playing with them. You won't even know until you are too deep in the trap.

That was a formidable thing about Dee.

Or has become over time. Dee became too fearless and it scared Haider. He knew of the things this lone fact could make her do.

Haider was this close to taking matters in his hands if she kept refusing to listen. She can wail or throw all the tantrums, shoot him even but he won't let her enter the hell at his watch.