Ten🌸

Nigeria Abuja.
Haneesa's POV

"Keh Haneesa, Ahmaad is here" Ya Mukky grumpily inform entering the kitchen. I literally jumped getting a saucer to serve the chocolate and red velvet cake with sugar finger licking icing i just baked. All this while Ya Mukky was watching me intensely as I walk up and down trying to make the appetizers perfect for Ahmaad.

         It has been a month since Ahmaad started seeing me and Alhamdulilah we are making lots of progress. Ya Mukky on the other hand doesn't do Ahmaad and when I ask him why he says 'he doesn't feel it when he is around, we just don't click'

I fake a smile at him and walk away cause nothing hurts in the world to know that your brother doesn't approve of the guy you see a future with. But either ways I wished he felt a little ounce of guiltiness and lie and say to me that he is starting to like Ahmaad but who I'm I kidding he is Mukhtar Abba Gorge.. He just doesn't care as long as he is speaking his heart contents.

      Little I found out from Ahmaad about his family is that he has three younger siblings (all girls), he is very close with his cousin whose wife is very nice, He loves his grandma more that anything in the world and his mother is a typical Fulani mom. That's all he is willing to say which seems very weird to me, I mean he knows everything about my family even Jaffar who is an abomination to talk about in this house.

"Boooooohh!" Ya Mukky yell over my shoulder and I shriek falling on the ground as I watch the cake smash. He immediately burst into laughter while I start to cry in annoyance. Ya Allahu all my hard work.

"Don't tell me your crying, haba I am so sorry" he said kneeling over and carrying the cake with his hand and placing it on the saucer, he licks the icing off his finger moaning in delight "Wow yayi dadi

"Leave me alone!!" I yelled collecting the saucer and throwing the cake in the dustbin before running to my room.

I knew i should have made six slices of cake. I cried on the bed forgetting about Ahmaad who was waiting patiently in the living room. Too much embarrassment for me to handle.

"Haneesa lafia? Ahmaad has been waiting for you since and you are here sleeping" Maami complain entering the room while I close my face with the pillow more. "I thought Hayrah told you the do's and don't's already. Ha'an don't keep him waiting. Jare stand up!"

"Maaaaaaami" I sat and she gasp. "Now why are you crying?"

"Ya Mukky made me throw the cake I made on the floor"

"So that's why you are crying. Stand up and go and meet Ahmaad this instance, don't let me repeat myself. You and your childish behavior" she scold and I wash my face, dried it and applied a little white powder and lip balm on my chapped lips. I spray some perfume and grabbed my maroon long hijab then went downstairs to meet a worried Ahmaad.

"I thought nayi laifi neh ai Anee. (I offended you) I hope all is well and why are your eyes red? Have you been crying?" he bombarded me with questions as I say my salaam and he replied. I told him what happened and he laugh while i glare at him.

Hahaha.. What the hell? Did I say a joke or can't he see my facial expression right now?!

"Awwn princess that's so nice of you but why waste your precious tears on something that's not worth it?"

"I made it with so much love you won't understand how annoying it was" I sniff

"Cry-cry baby"

"Mock me if you like, I'm even going seff you can entertain yourself" I said standing up and he stopped me.