eleven🌸

Nigeria, Abuja.

             The house of Alhaji Abba Gorge was bustling with guests as everyone awaits the arrival of Ahmaad's family members to arrive with the kayan lefe. It has been three months since his uncles asked for Haneesa's hand in marriage and Alhamdulilah it was successful. His father couldn't come due to reasons which was still unknown to the Abba Gorge family.

People were yodeling, Laughing and talking as Maami went over board with snacks; samosas, springs rolls, meat pies, cakes, croissants, doughnuts, meat balls, potatoes balls, Shepherd pie and slices of chocolate, vanilla and red velvet cakes all around.

For the main course she made; coconut rice, fried rice, fried vegetable spaghetti, Jollof rice, pepper chicken, pepper fish, pepper meat and local food gurasa, pankasau, masa, awara etc. She had drinks; solo fanta, coke and sprite as they were the raining ones nowadays, chilled home made Chapman, iced tea, five alive pulpi and chivita. Apart from the food she made, she had packed six big coolers of food for the groom's family which they will be taking home. 

        As per the tradition Haneesa shouldn't stay at home when they bring the kayan lefe but cause they have never seen her, they requested for her to stay at home which Maami later agreed to. Many cousins and family members near and far have arrived to witness the last born of the Abba Gorge family get married.. it is going to be a grand wedding one shouldn't miss not in a million years.

Now back to the bride...

***     *** 
Haneesa's POV

        I tightened my grip on Amtullah's hand and she let out a yell making me loosen the grip and mutter sorry. We were the only two in my room right now as I sit in my heavy embroidered white lapaya, with my light make-ed up face and gold bangles in each wrist. Ahmaad's family have arrived and everyone was downstairs while Amtullah stayed with me until we were called downstairs.

"Are you nervous?" She asked and I nod my head. "Wallahi I am so happy for you babes, I can't believe my best friend is getting married in less than a week's time. Ohh Goddd" she yelled dramatically and I roll my eyes at her blinking away the tears.

In less than one week I'll be someone's wife, someone's responsibility, a daughter in law into someone's family, a sister in law and I'll have a mother in law. I will be off into a state I've never been to in my life, I will be spending the rest of my life with someone I barely know and strangers as my new family members. The thought alone makes me want to cry and Amtullah envelop me in a big bear warm hug.

"Shush don't cry now.. Haba amaryan Ahmaad.. Rabin zuciyan Ahmaad, his one and only. Indan bake amaryus babu rayuwan Ahmaad dan gidan wani mutum. (his other half, if there is no Haneesa there won't a Ahmaad.. A child from one someone" she said doing her sweet crazy talks making me burst out into laughter and she join me.

"Stupid girl, you are a fool. I wonder how Mubarak is coping with you this girl"

"Uhhm yaaaya iya. (there is nothing he can do) he loves me just like that" she winks sashaying her hair and I laugh more before we were interrupted by one of my cousin who said they were calling me.

"Naimah are they much?" Amtullah asked as i touch my makeup.

"No, they are just seven fah and only one is Ahmaad's aunty" she said and I turn to look at her.

"What do you mean only one?" 

"Only one is his aunty and she live in Abuja also the rest are her friends.. Wai the rest of his aunties live in other states and most of them stay in Gombe so they couldn't come due to reasons" she explained and Amtullah gives me a questioning look.