Chapter 11 - Escape to Something, Anything

"Wait – Wait! I'm gonna' be sick." She gags and blurts loose everything which is on her chest. "Kyle, kill your thoughts before they kill again, please." Jess props herself up against a young brawny tree.

"We have to keep moving Jess, pick your legs up. They will find us if we don't keep going, honey. Shit, they recorded all of that on their phones, the cretins. We're gonna' have to disappear, straight off the map from all we know." She blows chunks on the decomposing leaf's again which cover the muddy earth in-between her feet. With her sleeve, she crosses away the excess residue of mucus.

"Don't you have any remorse, Kyle? You've just brutally killed our dad and with ease, you bashed in some fucking guy's head. There's something not right with that, you must know, what you did is way off the reservation. What is wrong with you?"

"Jess, I'm not like you. You've always known I am someone who does things the opposite way to all the other walkers. It's my job to protect you, meaning, I would sacrifice Dad, the fucking house, this entire world, all of it, to make sure you never feel pain again... Motive! Well when you get pinched, so do I. You know what I mean, sweetheart."

She cleaves a lone leaf from a drooping branch and begins to shred her emotions out from it. You're not gonna' find answers in there. Was it an error to end this era?

"Kyle, you're turning into a monster!" She exhales a wobble of hurt breath. I observe my hands, waiting for my claws to spew out.

"Sweet, cool. When can I expect my scales to come through?"

"Not literally, doofus."

"I know; I was just trying to make you smile." I wasn't, I really wanted a tail and horn, phewy.

"If you were protecting me, that means we can go to the cops and get this thing sorted out, we could tell them you were protecting me, it was all in self-defence. And, you had a moment of madness and you were scared. This type of stuff does happen."

I stand firm in a sinking puddle of mucky sludge.

"It's not that easy Jessie..." Jessica's head tilts to one side and with her rolling eyes, the confusion almost falls out from her ears. "How do you mean?"

I make-believe a turn to glamorize the theatrical moment we share and, so she doesn't see my sneer and crocodile tears; hey presto, the Oscar goes to?

"Did you not see the way I killed that motherfucker? They will look at every bit of the evidence and say it was orchestrated in a way in which it had to be planned. This world is trying its hardest to split us up Jess, don't let them. Now get your knees bending and move with me." A huff of low energy and low self-esteem is blown from her. I take the lead into the unknown, time to find my place on the food chain.

The Mental Patientजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें