Chapter 15 - Interrogation

A ginormous wad of papers is tossed on the table, I don't even react, this copper isn't going to break me down; this is now my area of expertise for the human race. The ringing ache of a chair being heaved backwards screeches; the cop sits and gracefully licks his finger and flicks through the file. I try my hardest to home my humour to his silent cliché. The police officer stealthily steals looks of me while he reads on. I begin to clean the dirt and soot from under my fingernails. I am cuffed to the table, so it's hard to clear my pinkie finger.

"Kyle, you are still a minor and you have not asked for a lawyer or a child-service agent and you have no other family members to accompany you to be present at this time, are you still in the same frame of mind? We can appoint one for you. You don't have to go through this alone" His sound of concern sounds like a con.

I scrawl up my face and shake my face with uninterested. He strokes his stubble and clears his throat. He is obviously keeping a cool head to my actions. Let me see how many pins I can stick in this doll before he freaks out.

"Okay, Okay. That is completely your right." He humps his chair and legs further under the table. "Tonight, you have murdered eight people, Officer Richard Foster who was on call, Officer Paul Levitt who was also on call. Mark Cuthbert a dog-walker. The family of Mary, Emily, Eva and Jason Rock who were in the camper-van we caught you and your sister in and finally your own Father whom you tied to his bed and burned alive. Do you have anything to say to these cataclysmic accusations?" This prat does prattle on, doesn't he?

I shun out my bottom lip.

"They were all in my way, wrong place, wrong time. You see, I am a murderer who doesn't really mind if he gets caught, not now. But before I am apprehended forever, I am removing all from my path and going down in horrific history while I leave an everlasting impression which will drip from families in whichever fucking courtroom I go toe-to-toe with God in. I am corrosively noxious, obnoxiously explosive and I fucking love it. And, don't bother throwing the, I know what you're going through line at me, I will slap the taste from your prattling mouth. You have no idea what I have taken on these past years, dick-brain."

He closes the file and pushes it to the side of the table. His eyes begin to blink vicious; he rubs away the tears of his lost comrades.

"Was your sister involved? Help us, Kyle." His collective concerning heartstrings could almost strangle and dangle me; I am no longer a puppet to sanity. I will not do as I am told.

"You really are a dumb bastard, you honestly think I will help you incriminate my own sister, eat shit, dickhead. You don't scare me with that stern look and deep voice, so clear it from your fuckin' face. I know what I know and what I know is nothing."

"Well, just tell us the why then, because we have no idea why you snapped to such an extreme measure and murdered officers doing their duty and innocent people like this, these are people who have not done a thing towards you. Just tell us, no more games."

"Okay, that is fair enough, I can do that; I can tell you, listen carefully now. I now have no consequences for my actions, because this worlds actions are the root cause for my actions, so when my actions become a lost cause, y'all crazy fuckers can find yourself lost." I couldn't put it better myself, oh wait, it was me who said it.

"How's that officer? ...By the look on your face, this isn't what you were looking for or wanted, but don't worry, tonight I got what I wanted... when I played around with your friend's blood, I was drawing big cocks and balls."

He holds back a lung and lunges over the table-top with both hands; he has tapped-into the same rage I have paged for an age. With his clamps, he throttles my T-shirts collar and yanks me closer to his pickled breath and prickly beard.