22

Harper's P.O.V

God why am I throwing up so much.  Chel is coming over tonight because Lauren is going out with her family.  Just as I am emptying my stomach again, Chel walks into the bathroom. 

"You look like shit" she says.

"Thanks for that" I say rolling my eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks handing me a wet wash cloth to wipe my face.

"I don't know I am either throwing up or sleeping." I say while standing up on shaky legs.  She doesn't say anything she just looks at me with a concentrated look on her face. 

"Harp. I will be right back." She says before leaving me standing in my bathroom.  I lay on my bed and turn on my tv.  30 minutes later she comes back in with a bag.  She takes something out and throws it at me.  A pregnancy test. I look at her wide eyed.

"Take it. Now." She says pointing at the bathroom.  I get up and go pee on a stick.  5 minutes later she knocks on the door before opening it slowly.  "What does it say?"  She asks cautiously.

"I don't know I am scarred to look. Can you do it for me?"

"Sure" she says before walking to the counter to look at the test. "Well...I don't know if congratulations are in order." She says holding the test up to me. "So...when are you going to tell Alex?" She asks before handing me the test and sitting down on the floor beside me.  I don't answer just keep looking at the stick in my hand that says I'm pregnant.  My parents are going to kill me.  I look over at her to see her smiling softly at me. "You know she is going to be thrilled about this right?" She asks cautiously.

"We are too young. We can't have a baby. My parents are going to kill me.  What if Alex doesn't want kids? What if she doesn't want kids with me? What am I going to do?" I say in a single breath.

"Calm down. First things first. You have to tell Alex."

I decide I need to do it now.  I drag her out of the bathroom and down the stairs.  I yell to my mom that I will be back later.  Chel stops me before we get to my car.

"You need to do this alone Harp."

"Ok just be on stand by. Please." I say.  She nods and hugs me tightly before I get in my car and drive to Alex's house. 

Once I get there my nerves go haywire.  I have to do this I tell myself before stepping out of the car.  I ring the doorbell and she opens it looking shocked to see me.

"Baby. What are you doing here?" She asks. I walk past her and sit her on the couch before pacing back and forth in front of her. "You are making me nervous Harper. What's wrong?" She asks. I stop and look over at her before turning to face her and taking a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."