Emric

While everyone else saw only the figure atop the tallest building of Rock, Ergen rather only saw the creature that he was riding. And while it may have once been a celestial griffin, there was nothing majestic about it at all as the creature shrieked above them. It still looked like a griffin for the most part, though all of it's feathers were as black as the void with several spots on it's body having no feathers at all where open wounds revealed it's muscles. Strangely, the creature didn't seem to be bleeding from the wounds at all while it rested on the building, and it seemed almost to Ergen as if the creature were some type of zombie before it suddenly leaped from the building and started flying directly towards them.

As everyone in the Demon King's army braced themselves, Emric surprisingly landed in the open field halfway between both armies rather than attacking them. Though, now that the man had stopped, Ergen felt a feeling of nostalgia as he realized that the situation was playing out just like it had in the old medieval movies that he used to watch where the leaders of the two armies met. Or at least, he thought it was at least as he couldn't entirely be sure.

"Asal! Let us speak!" Emric called out as Asal's army finally finished getting into their formation.

"You're majesty, we have no idea if he will honor the wartime code of-"

"But I must or I will lose standing with all of the allies that I've managed to gain thus far." Asal replied before looking at Ergen. "Would you accompany me?"

With a slight nod of his head, Ergen followed Asal's horse while the infantry and archers in front of them parted to allow them through. Slowly, Ergen walked with Sera on the back of his neck with his wings ready to extend in case he needed to protect Asal, thinking that if the Demon King were to die then he would lose the support of the army behind him.

"You obviously are not going to surrender, so what do you want to talk about?" Asal asked when they grew close to Emric.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Emric asked in reply. "I want to discuss the game!"

"What game are you talking about?!" Sera asked in an irritated fashion, and suddenly Emric looked genuinely surprised as he saw her on top of Ergen's neck.

"Come now Sera, I'm hurt, I really am." Emric made a face of disappointment. "I show mercy on you by choosing banishment instead of execution, and you join my enemies in thanks?"

"Did you really think that sparing me was a mercy? After killing everyone that I've ever cared about?!" Sera yelled back in anger, though Emric didn't seem disturbed by the volume of it at all.

"Did I do that?" Emric asked as if he really had forgotten, though he apparently didn't care as he soon waved the matter aside. "Anyway, I'm here because I want to talk to Asal about the game of the gods that we're all taking apart of."

"This is hardly the time or place for such a discussion, though I suppose that we wont be afforded another oppertunity." Asal replyed. "So? What do you want?"

"I just wanted to thank both of you for heeding the gods request." Emric laughed softly to himself. "If you had stayed in your little city while the dragon still wandered the land aimlessly, it would have taken me several more years to find the both of you. But still, to think that the young water dragon that once spoiled my trophy is now standing in front of me... Whether it be the work of fate or a destiny set by those detestable gods again, it sure is a coincidence, isn't it?"

"What game are you talking about? What do the gods have to do with this?!" Sera looked in between Asal and Emric in complete confusion, and Ergen couldn't blame her seeing as she knew nothing of it.