Chapter 7: My First Job

The sound of my alarm woke me up from a deep sleep

The sound of my alarm woke me up from a deep sleep. I felt like it was two a.m.

Seven! Oh crap, I am late for my first day at work!

Since there were no longer any lingering effects of alcohol buzzing through my system. I went directly into the shower, pinning my hair up and keeping it carefully dry. There was no way I’d have time to dry it if I washed it.

As I step out of my shower I wrap in my purple fluffy towel and stare at my face in the mirror.

I drew my drawer and look for some aspirin, I took two with a glass of water.

I got dressed in record time, in a sundress dress. I brush my hair and pull it in a bun, I did a light makeup.

"Mornin' Princess, had a late night with Amy?" Dad asked.

At the mention of, last night, my ears burn with embarrassment. All I remember was getting in the truck with Tyler the rest was blank out.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and nibbled on a bagel.

"Ah yeah had a lot of fun, we missed you last night" I replied with a kiss to his cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah sure you do, I bet you girls had more fun without your old man there," He said sarcastically.

"You are not old, you are vintage. Are you going to work today?"

"No, today is my day off, though I will get some cleaning and go grocery shopping later. Probably go by Jeffrey for a beer after. Need anything special?" Dad asked.

"No thanks, I have to go now. I  don't want to be late, love you, daddy".

"Good luck, Love you, Princess"

I stepped outside and got in my truck. It took me fifteen minutes to get to the restaurant.

I didn't bother locking the truck. It wasn't in danger of being stolen here. Not when most of the cars parked nearby cost over seventy thousand dollars. The steps up to the office door were few. Taking one last deep breath I opened the door and stepped inside.

A petite woman with a short brown bob and a pair of wire-rimmed glasses was sitting at the reception desk when I stepped inside. She glanced over at me as  I made my way to her, but stopped in tracks when she saw me. She gave a quick glance at the rest of me and then nodded her head in my direction to come forward.

"You here for a job?" she asked commandingly.

I nodded, "Yes, ma'am. I'm here about a waitress position."

She gave me a tight smile. "Good. You have the appeal. The members will overlook mistakes with a face like that. Can you carry a tray with food and take orders?"

I nodded.

"You're hired. I need someone in there right now. Follow me; we'll get you changed into a uniform."