HIM ━ FELIX ROSIER

PAIRING: (implied/past) Felix Rosier x reader

SUMMARY: The war is many things; a conclusion for some and a homecoming for others. What you certainly didn't expect is to see him, of all people, on the opposing side.

NOTES: I don't know, Death Eater!Felix after Hogwarts is one of my favorite theories/headcanons. So here's some angst for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also, sorry for implied Slytherin reader again.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Expulso!" You exclaim, the tip of your wand glows a brilliant blue shade. The Death Eater across from you is jostled back forcefully into the wall he cornered you in. You wince at the sound of shattered bones, carefully tucking your wand in your jacket.

Before you can turn, a loud but familiar voice roars behind you. "Petrificus Totalus!" You feel your whole body unvoluntary freeze at the full body-bind curse being inflicted on your bones. In a matter of seconds, you fall back on the floor. Frustration builds as you attempt but fail to move under the curse. "Now, let's finish this-" The voice falters and you see a familiar face looming over you.

Felix.

He looks much older, worn out and gaunt. Felix's face is pale, cheekbones sharp as ever but there's a faint hint of sorrow lurking behind his eyes. Just as he opens his mouth to speak, Rowan's voice booms from behind him.

"Leave her alone!" Rowan flicks her wand, you try to move or say something but to no avail. "Locomotor Mortis!" A blast of purple is directed at Felix. His legs lock together and he stumbles, tumbling to the floor.

"Nice Leg-Locking Curse, Khanna!" Tulip bellows, jogging up to your side with Tonks, Barnaby, and Ben behind her. She then aims her wand at you, "Finite!" casting the counter-curse on the full body-bind set on you.

"Bloody hell," You gasp, finally being able to sit up and move around. Ben and Barnaby help you up while Tonks, Rowan, and Tulip circle around the Death Eater.

"F-felix?" Rowan stutters, eyes wide as she identifies her former prefect below her.

Felix, who's still on the ground, huffs a breath out, almost in slight amusement. "Khanna, it's been a while."

"Wait, isn't that your old prefect?" Tulip frowns, wand still aimed at Felix.

"Brilliant observation, Karasu." Felix reaches for his wand but Barnaby immediately kicks it out of his range, causing him to blink in confusion at the action.

"Don't even try it, Death Eater." Barnaby's face is stoic, a furrow between his brows but determination evident in his stance.

"Barnaby," You start but he shakes his head.

"He's a Death Eater, Y/N. Don't tell we should go easy on him."

Tonks picks up the discarded wand and slides it inside her back pocket. A loud explosion detonates on the other side of the castle, causing all of you to jump in fright. Screams are heard and you feel horror spread through your body.

"We need to go," Tonks announces, looking over to where other people are running away from the castle. "We left Charlie with Andre and Penny by the courtyard, let's go."

"What do we do about him?" Tulip questions, her eyes and wand still on their former classmate.

There's a pause before Rowan steps forward. "D-don't - don't hurt him."

"No offense, Rowan but this is a war and he's on the opposing side." Ben finally speaks up, his face twists in confusion.

Felix glances at you while the other's bicker unostentatiously. His eyes never leave yours, you find yourself reminded of all the times you wished for his attention at Hogwarts; always eagerly listening to him because how could you not? He was older, attractive and charming. You, on the other hand, were just a kid that somehow maintained his attention. There's a trace of fear behind his confident bravado that you can easily identify, it almost makes you want to hide him away from this but you can't. Like Ben said, this is war and he's on the opposing side.

With only slight hesitation, you raise your wand once more. Felix looks at you expectantly, almost like he's expecting the worst. "Stupefy!" The sound of your voice and the beam of blue that envelopes the corner you all are lurking in gets everyone's attention. Felix drops back on the floor, his body is limp as he falls unconscious. You turn and ignore the looks they give you. "Let's go."

With that, you and your group rush back to the courtyard. As you run away, you glance over your shoulder to look at Felix's fallen body once more. You have so many questions about him and his situation. How did this happen? How can you help? Your heart aches as you swallow a lump forming in your throat before turning away from him.