Chapter Sixteen Turning it around

That morning I left the bed fairly early finding the man back asleep and it to be eleven am. I got up and found some of his clothes in his closet. I quickly put them on and got my shoes on. I smiled at the male still sleeping and left. 

It was in the suburbs of the city. A dinky little apartment complex full of the same rooms and roaches. I smelled the air heavy with the scent of a past rain. I felt calm, complete, new. So as I walked down the still empty streets I smiled to myself. It was stupid I know to think I liked a guy and he wasn't the worst possible person on earth. God I was acting like a school girl, I chastised myself for acting like this. 

How had I even fallen for him in the first place? Oh yeah he was hotter than hell. I walked further down the road and passed by an alley when I glanced something move in the darkness. "(Y/n)?" My eyes grew wide recognizing the voice. "Why the hell are you here, better yet I thought you were dead or caught so why the hell are you smiling?! Do you know how many of us this effected?!?" Kamalani screamed at me stepping out into the dim morning light where I could see a large part of her face was hidden by some medical coverings. What I could see was burned flesh and a pissed of expression made its way on to her face. "It's funny because you don't even care!  Andrew is dead! And you know what was stupid is that I started to fall for him. But I get this crazy suspicion that we aren't going to be remembered, not by you, not by the world we are nothing, we grew from nothing and we reaped nothing. But that doesn't fucking matter to you because you are the one who is going to do something right?!?  I should have fucking killed you when I could! Back in that orphanage you had a better life than any of us! It's always fucking you!"

Tears filled my eyes before I wiped them away. "I don't think you know what the fuck you are talking about." I said taking her off guard and I stepped closer to her. " I had to work my ass off to live! everyday I was presented challenges I just knew how to fucking deal with the hand I was dealt and work it!" I stepped closer again and the shadow covered my face. "So shut the fuck up, back the fuck down and walk the hell away before I have to beat your ass into the ground you dirty cunt" I hated talking to her like this but at this point she ran her mouth to far. 

"I hope you get forgotten the same as the rest of us." she mumbled as a rumble could be heard around me. Pipes and metal of all sorts starting to move slowly. 

"Bitch don't even try it" I said calmly she was still weaker than me even in her rage. I breathed out as I held my arms out she watched as a thin line of red marked both my arms and then they fell off and another pair and another and another until too many to count were present. "Like my new way to cut my arms off. If I concentrate I can make them fall off! Fun isn't it." I glared at her as my arms began ripping the girl to shreds. 

A metal bar almost hit me but I dodged. "You are weak." I tsked the girl who was screaming her lungs out. I leaned over and grabbed a daisy that was growing through the pavement. My arms dropped and shriveled up as I quit my escapade. All that was left was some flesh here and there but other than that the girl I knew before was gone. 

"I won't remember you" I said dropping the daisy and walking away from the alley. A rumble made it's way through the sky as rain began to fall. I smiled "Fuck you too Kamalani" I flipped off the sky and began walking again towards a convenience store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey I'm back" I said taking off my shoes and trying to make my hair a little less wet. 

"what the hell does that mean? She isn't a failed experiment! She has only been here a little while!" Dabi's voice yelled from the living room.

"Dabi, It doesn't matter at this point she is a liability we don't need her nearly as much as you think we do. You are valuable she is nothing." My breath caught in my throat. I quickly slid my shoes on and ran through the door leaving the home where I thought I had been valuable. 

---------------------

=meanwhile=

"You know (y/n) Is not going to be happy! God! Why do I have to tell her that Kamalani is going off the rails and has to be taken care of, Jesus!" Kurogiri rolled his eyes. 

"It is your duty, stop whining" I clenched my fists, this stupid bastard why the hell would I care about "DUTY" my only duty was towards (y/n) and being hers. Everything else was unnecessary shit.