Chapter 6 |:| Deathrace

"Even if the world drags you down
there's always someone who cares"

«— • —»

     The three of us ran towards one of the abandoned warehouses on the out skirts of Kaon. We had decided that we would find refuge there for however long we are out here. It was such a shame, the three best gladiators of Kaon on now on the run. It sounded like some made up story, but we couldn't stay on the streets or in an Inn. We would be recognizable and we didn't want that. We needed a place away from prying eyes, away from the bustling streets of Kaon, and these warehouses were perfect.

     I looked back down the alley where Soundwave and Megatronus were running behind me, there was nothing but that mysterious darkness, "Megatronus, take the lead. I'll watch our backs," I stated dropping back while Megatronus sped up a bit taking the lead. We were now running in something like single file, but really wasn't. 

     I remember when I was running like this. I was fighting for shelter against the elements with my brother. I wonder what he thinks of me. He probably thinks I'm a criminal. Killing outside of the pits was a lot different from killing in the pits. There it was legal, here, not so much. There were so many thing we can't do, and one of them was staying at one of these warehouses.

     The three of us agreed it would be best to stay in one of the warehouse's basements, since it wasn't easy to find and we could set a bunch of traps along the stairwell. As in if it wasn't one of us three it would either explode or send us an alert so we could prepare.

     As we neared the warehouses I heard a few sirens going off in the distance. I knew they were for us since we literally just killed a few of the guards back at the pits, "Quickly! We have to get into one of the warehouses!" Megatronus yelled back at us, "We don't have much time before the send someone over here!" Soundwave and I nodded and ran faster. All those days of training finally paid off. Megatronus reached one of the warehouse doors and kicked it open and held it open as Soundwave and I ran through. As we did he closed it and locked it.

     I looked around the dark room, the only light was provided by our optics. Suddenly I remembered the spears on my back, Lunam and Sanguis. I had realized when I made them that the energon I infused with them caused them to let off light when needed. And my swords had a purple glows to them.

 And my swords had a purple glows to them

     ^^ This is Sanguis ^^

     I took the spears off my back and tapped a part on the handles of each of them causing the blades on either end to glow. I chucked one at Soundwave and the other at Megatronus, "Use these as light until you can find the generator. We'll split up and search, that way if they do come it will be harder to find us," they nodded in agreement and went off in different directions. Soundwave went to the left, Megatronus went straight a head and I went to the right. As I did I rechecked my injured arm to make sure it wasn't infected and thank Primus it wasn't.