Chapter 2

Song: Nina Simone - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
••••

A day later (Wednesday)

Yesterday flew by so quickly, that it felt like I was floating all day. My first day as his PA wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I managed to arrive on time and have his coffee on his desk precisely at seven thirty-five. Vera kept giving me death glares and rolling her eyes at me all day.

She was still pretty salty about being dismissed in such a manner on Monday. I didn't really consider her existence at all because I was too caught up in trying to help out my boss. I learned that he liked burrito bowls with plenty guacamole and a Budweiser. I woke up this morning feeling a bit tired but mostly energized.

My bags were all packed and I was ready to go to Tokyo Japan. I took my shower, and brushed my teeth. I dressed in my royal blue pencil skirt and my favorite creme blouse, with a matching royal blue jacket. I paired everything together my black strapped heels and my black purse.

I left my hair down, naturally curly and only did minor makeup like my lipstick and some mascara. My doorbell rung while I was fluffing up my hair. It was Mr. Sebastian's driver here to pick me up and take me to the airport. Sebastian didn't take his private jet because it was going through maintenance, but he was planning on taking it back to Chicago.

Garcia, his driver, took my bags to the trunk and ushered me into the backseat of the black Lincoln Sedan. I carefully got in and closed the door, then adjusted myself in the seat to get a little more comfortable. To my left, sat Sebastian.

"Good morning Sir." I greeted with a smile on my face. I could no longer preserve my happiness.

"Good morning Yevette." He replied, his face monotonous as usual. I turned to my right and looked out the window. The city isn't as beautiful during the day, as it is at night, but it was still a beautiful place.

"What hotel did you book for us?" A voice boomed through the silence making me jump in my seat slightly.

"Park Hotel but um, there was a problem, Sir..." My sentence trailed off. I now wish I had mentioned this earlier.

"And that would be?" I turned to him, to see him playing with his bottom lip and one of his eyebrows perked up.

"Um, well, it's a very hard hotel to book, and um, there was only one room available..." I explained—well tried to explained.

"Two beds?" He asked. His facial expression didn't move not even an inch. I shook my head carefully examining his face. No reaction whatsoever. "Okay." Was all he said. It kind of worried me that, what I had just bestowed upon him didn't faze him at all.

Which led me to further think, that maybe he was a robot. I mean, how could someone be that monotone? He did have a shit-ton of money. Who knows?

"Why are you only telling me this now Miss Yevette?" I gulped again at his question.

"Well, Sir, it slipped out of my thoughts. I've been trying to not get fired..." When I finished my explanation he looked at me as though I was the stupidest person on the face of the earth.

"No one in their right mind would think about firing you. You have good work ethics and you're a hard worker." He finished. He didn't usually compliment anything or anyone so this was different. Even though I've worked for this man for years, I know absolutely nothing about him.

All I know is that his name is Sebastian Graham and he's the owner of G&SP Ltd. I knew his father because everyone knew his father and I knew that he's 24 years of age. That's about it. I knew him not.