Chapter Two - High School

"You're going to be fine, sweetheart" Esme said to Alison gently. She was sitting in the living room bouncing her leg. No one needed Jasper's ability to see that she was completely nervous. This was the first year that Alison was going to participate in school with the rest of her siblings and no one blamed her for being nervous. She felt bad because she knew that Jasper didn't need to feel her nervousness on top of his own but she couldn't help herself, she was just a very anxious person.

"What if I lose control?" Alison asked and Esme gave her a kind smile.

"Alice would see if you lost control and if you do then Alice will make sure that you get out of that situation before hand" She said and Alison nodded trying to calm herself down. Esme glanced at Carlisle feeling guilty for making Alison do this but she needed too. She needed to do this to gain confidence in herself.

"If you need to come home early, then that's fine" Carlisle said walking over to them sitting besides Esme and across from Alison. "If you need to take this slow, then we'll help you at your pace. But just give it a try, go for an hour at least" He encouraged. Alison looked at Carlisle and Esme, the family has done so much for her that she could at least return the favor with giving them an hour.

"O-ok" She whispered making Esme smile and pat her knee.

"That's the spirit" She said. "It's going to be alright sweetheart, just remember, don't turn invisible, that won't go over well with the humans" Esme said trying to lighten the mood but it only made Alison even more scared.

"Oh my God what if I turn invisible?" She asked as if it had never occurred to her that that could be a possibility. "I don't have it under complete control yet, what if-"

"Hey, hey" Carlisle said moving so he was besides her. "It's all in your head. You have control of if, you just need to believe in yourself" He said and she looked at him.

"Have you met me? I'm not even remotely close to a confident person nor one that has much faith in myself" She said making Carlisle smile at her kindly. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and gave her a fatherly kiss on the side of her head.

"That's why we all believe in you so much" He told her softly. "I have complete faith in you, it's going to work out just fine"

"Hey, are you ready?" Edward asked hesitating to enter the room. He didn't want to rush Alison but it was time to go. Besides, the longer she had to sit there the more time she had to build anxiety. He knew that the drive there would be an anxious one so he wanted to get going as fast as possible hoping she'd be better once they actually got to the school.

"As I'll ever be" She said uncertainty clear in her voice.

"Just remember, hold your breath and act like a human. You have classes with at least one of your siblings so stick close to them alright?" Esme questioned as the three of them stood up.

"Ok" She nodded taking in a deep calming breath.

"I'm proud of you, sweetheart" She said hugging the teenager. Alison gripped onto Esme tightly, some of them wondered if she still had some newborn strength in her despite it being decades since she's been a newborn, her strength rivaled Emmett's. Despite feeling the pressure of Alison's hug, Esme didn't say anything knowing this was what Alison needed. "I can't wait to hear all about your day when you get back" She said as Alison slowly pulled away.

"I'll be at the office if you need me" Carlisle said giving her a tight hug as well. "Just give this a chance, it'll work out" He told her.

"I trust you" She whispered before pulling away and looking at Edward who gave her a smile nodding his head. She nodded grabbing her back pack and followed him to the car. They would be driving with Alice and Jasper which just made Alison feel bad not wanting to make Jasper feel her emotions. "I'm sorry" She said knowing she was all over the place.

"Don't worry about it, I'm getting used to it from you" He teased with a tight smile. She half grinned at him, rubbing her arm with a shrug as she looked at the ground.

"Come on, lets get going, Rose and Emmett are already almost there" Edward said. Nodding everybody got into the car. Edward was driving with Alison in the passenger seat allowing the couple to sit together in the back.

"Thanks, Jasper, but I'll be ok" Alison said smiling at him in the side rear view mirror. He grinned back at her giving her a curt nod. They were at the high school in no time thanks to Edwards quick driving. He wanted to get there as soon as possible so that Alison would stop thinking about worse case scenarios. Alison stared at the Forks High School sign as they passed it and her anxiety sky rocketed to the point where Jasper was gripping Alice's hand tightly.

"It's now or never" Alison muttered gripping the door handle so tightly it bent in her hand as she opened the door.