Chapter Thirty - Proposal

"You sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked Alice softly. Jasper took another step towards his wife as she nodded. She had a vision that Victoria was going to be here. Alison wasn't afraid to admit that she felt more confident going up against Victoria with the rest of the family, it was a lot better than one on one.

"She's almost here" Alice said. A beat passed. "On your left" She said and the entire family took off. Within seconds Victoria was in sight. Everyone pushed each other to their max needing to get to Victoria. She was getting closer and closer to the treaty line and in no time she jumped across. Carlisle stopped everyone, Jasper grabbed a hold of Alison before she could cross on her own.

"Wait... She's on their territory" Carlisle said. They continued to chase her from their side, none of them wanting Alison to jump across to take her on alone. However, Alison knew if she needed too, she would. Victoria was beginning to really piss her off.

"She'll get away" Rose snapped worried they wouldn't get her. But then the wolves came and joined them in the chase.

"No she won't" Jasper replied pushing himself. The wolves almost get a hold of her but she jumps back onto the Cullen's side before that could happen. No matter how close they got to getting her, she managed to slip away. They were gaining on her, she prepares to jump back over and this time she isn't the only one.

"Emmett, no!" Rose said trying to stop him but he doesn't listen. Victoria jumps and then Emmett follows. However, one of the wolves stops Emmett and they both growl at him completely forgetting about Victoria. Alison isn't ready to give up, she jumps.

"Alison!" Esme said going to go after her but Carlisle stops her.

"We can't cross" He reminded her. One of the wolves sees her cross, turns and follows her. Alison takes long strides to catch up with Victoria while Embry tries to catch up with Alison. Victoria leaps into the trees and Alison follows. Embry finally catches up and looks into the trees but can't find them. Suddenly Victoria is on his back taking him to the ground. He panics and tries to get her off of him. She grabs him and throws him right into a tree, the tree hits his head and he's knocked out as Alison lands on the ground. She's by Embry in seconds.

"Embry" She said kneeling besides him. She's relieved that he's still alive but she's still worried about his condition.

"Mates, huh?" Victoria said smirking. Alison stands up and spins around. She growls protectively. "It hurts when they're hurt" She whispered. "I've heard about you, the vampire that came back from the dead" Alison didn't know what to do. If she attacked then she'd leave Embry open which was dangerous. However, doing nothing could be just as dangerous. "Not many vampires die twice, you came back... James didn't" She growled glaring at her.

"You won't win" She said making Victoria smile.

"What makes you so sure?" She asked. "What makes you so sure you can protect a little human from me? Or a werewolf?" She asked tilting her head. "If you ask me, I'd say you're as much to blame for his death as the other one. It's not fair that you came back!" She snapped. "You deserve to be dead" She growled racing towards her but Alison turned invisible. Victoria froze. "Interesting" She muttered looking around. She sniffed but could't smell Alison, she couldn't hear her and she couldn't see her. "So that's how you lasted" Suddenly Victoria was thrown across the woods but she landed on her feet.

Victoria's eyes landed on Embry. She dashed for the wolf but never made it. Alison stopped her but in the process turned visible again. She was so worried about protecting Embry she couldn't focus on staying invisible. Victoria smirked and ran towards Alison again. Alison ducked under Victoria's reach before shoving her further away from Embry. They continued to attack each other but neither one gained any ground. Victoria was able to get a luck kick in that sent Alison right through a tree.

"You're a pretty good fighter" Victoria said as Alison stood up. "Why do you protect the human?" She asked curiously. "She's the reason my mate is dead, give her to me and I'll allow the wolf to live" She said standing besides Embry. Alison froze. "You've seen how good I am at killing, at hunting. I can get to him any time I want. You think your precious Cullens will protect him? No, they'll focus on that little human. Why would you protect someone's love when they won't help protect yours?"

"She's family" Alison said and Victoria rolled her eyes.

"I've been alive for a very long time" Victoria said. "I've seen 'families' fall apart. The only thing constant is your mate. So take my advice... don't risk losing your mate while trying to protect someone else's" She said. "I want the human. That's all I want. Give me the human and I'll leave the rest of your family alone. I'll leave your precious mate and his family alone. You'll never see me again."

"And if I don't?" Alison questioned.

"Then I'll give you a war you cannot win. A war that will cost you everything. So get your priorities straight, Cullen" And with that, Victoria disappeared.