Realization.

(Peter's P.O.V)

I had received a text from (Y/n) this morning, saying that she would be coming to school today.

So now I'm standing awkwardly with MJ and Ned outside the school waiting.

Why so awkward?

Because since I told MJ and Ned we had to wait for (Y/n), every time I look over at MJ she wiggles her eyebrows at me and makes faces.

All because of yesterday.

"Petey's in loooove, Petey's in loooove~"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP!"

I roll my eyes.

I think I would've noticed by now if I was in love with (Y/n).

Besides, Michelle is a lunatic.

I check my phone once again for the time. "She better hurry."

"Excited to see her again, Pete?" Without even turning around, I can sense MJ smirking and wiggling her eyebrows.

"I meant, we're gonna be late." I roll my eyes. "You better stop this when she gets here."

"Why? Don't want her to know how much you loooove her?" Again I feel her smirking.

"I am not in love."

"You're in deniiiiaallll~."

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I quickly pull it out, glad for the escape from the conversation.

*(Y/n)*: You're not allowed to laugh

Confused, I send her a quick reply.

Me: ???

Then I see her car pull up.

And see her walk out.

I cover my mouth to smother my laugh, but MJ and Ned don't hold back.

With a glare, (Y/n) walks up to us. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail, and on top of her hair, is the most ridiculous pair of earmuffs I've ever seen. Fuzzy neon green with purple stripes. Covering half her glare, she wears peach rimmed circular sunglasses.

Finally, I give up my effort and laugh.

She stomps up to us. "I told you not to laugh."

I laugh harder. Finally, I regain my breath. "Are you...are you cold or something?" I ask, still wheezing.

Thing is, it isn't really cold out. Sure it was chilly yesterday, but today it was sunny, and a lot warmer with no wind. I couldn't understand why she would wear such a ridiculous outfit.

"No." She groans. "I have to wear these because of my concussion, dumb-ass.  My dad didn't want me going to school, and told me that if I wanted to go, I'd have to wear these." She points to the earmuffs and sunglasses. "He said it was to help my concussion. But I think he didn't think I'd want to wear something so...ridiculous. He should really learn how stubborn I am."

"I never quite caught the reason why you ran into a wall?" I ask, still snickering.

"That's because I didn't throw it," She jokes. "I was testing a new invention. Top secret."

"But you can tell us?"

"Nope."

I pout. "Pleeease?" I make a puppy dog face.

She glares teasingly. "You ass. Exposing my weakness like that. Shame on you." 

I look over her shoulder to see MJ smirking, raising an eyebrow.