Chapter 7

Shuichi fiddled with the plastic band around  his wrist which allowed him to enter the park while the others debated on which would be the first ride.

"I think we should go on a slow ride first" Rantaro suggested, reading over the map.

"I say we shouldn't, we gotta get on the fast rides! No time like the present!" Kaito protested with his signature grin, pointing over to a large roller coaster.

"I have to reject that, I'm afraid I do not wish to have children screaming for five minutes behind me" Korekiyo commented.

"Boring" Kokichi chimed in, sticking out his tongue. He then linked his arm around Shuichi's, dragging him away from the group. "Me & Shuichi will catch up with you later!" He began to run after that, leaving Shuichi to uselessly protest as he was kidnapped.

The remaining group exchanged glances. Kaito was the first to speak up. "Should we go after them?" He quizzed, glancing back to the two who were beginning to get lost in the crowd.

Rantaro hummed before waving a hand. "Let them be, let's go find a ride" he decided, taking Korekiyo's hand & beginning to walk in the direction of a somewhat fast ride. Kaito & Maki followed behind.

Kokichi pointed to a house like attraction, dark purple paint somewhat beginning to peel off. "What about that?" He quizzed, looking up to Shuichi.

Shuichi put his free hand to his chin as he studied it. He read a sign next to it. 'Haunted house'. He shrugged along with a small nod. "I don't see why not" he replied, smiling sheepishly. 

The supreme leader then continued to drag the other along, into the short line. There were children, presumably younger than teens, in front of them. There was one parent with a girl who seemed to dislike the idea of entering alone.

"Hey, Shuichi baby" Kokichi cooed, the nickname clearly broke the detective's calm demeanour & uncovered his flustered state. "If you get scared, you can cling onto me".

Shuichi let out a small laugh, almost inaudible. "I'll be fine Kokichi, it's a children's ride".

The woman at the front of the line waved her arm & called out "next five" to gain everyone's attention. The children entered while Shuichi & Kokichi stayed behind. 

They waited for another five minutes before being allowed entrance. They continued to hold hands, not realising they were still intertwined. As they walked, it began to get dark. 

"You scared yet?" The shorter boy quizzed, leaning against the ravenette's shoulder. 

"Am I supposed to be?"

Kokichi didn't answer & stopped leaning on the other's shoulder. It was silent for a good twenty seconds. As Shuichi opened his mouth to ask him why he was so quiet, a short yelp left his lips as a skeleton was thrown from the wall. He jumped a little & took a step back while Kokichi began to laugh. 

Once Shuichi was past the shock, he let out a defeated sigh. "I felt you squeeze on my hand, that was so cute" Kokichi sang, poking Shuichi's cheek with his free hand before continuing to walk. 

Shuichi batted the hand away & pulled his hat down a little, making note to be more alert. 

There were a few more jumpscares & noises as they made their way throughout, Kokichi commenting on everything Shuichi did & labelling it as adorable. 

Once the supreme leader realised they were reaching the end, he slowed down his pace, causing the detective to also slow down. "Hey Shuichi, there's something I've been meaning to tell you" he began, voice quavering somewhat.