Long Time No See

Twan

I finally opened my eyes and noticed that I was in a room filled with nothing but white walls. I sat up and looked down at my clothes. I was in a hospital gown and I didn't have on the same clothes I had on earlier. I was confused as to what happened and how I got here. I don't even know how I got here or know why I'm in a hospital gown. I felt all down my body until I reached my chest. I felt a hole and then warm liquid I looked down and saw red. It was blood and it was leaking through my gown.

"What the fuck!" I yelled

"Stop yelling like a lil bitch" I heard a familiar voice say

I turned around and almost had a heart attack when I saw who it was. It was my big cousin who I looked up to like a brother. He was killed in a drive by last year. He robbed some niggas for all their shit and they came back for blood.

"Darius!" I yelled

"Yeah lil nigga" he said walking towards me

As he started to get closer, I began back up. Eventually I fell on my ass because I tripped over my own foot. I still can't believe I'm looking at this nigga.

"Man getcho punk ass up, what the fuck you doing here yo" he said through gritted teeth

Yeah that's Darius. He always talked with his hands and then his New York accent start to come out. Damn I miss hearing this nigga talk about fucking bitches and getting money. That's all he very talked about. He taught me everything I need to know. I ain't have no father or father figure in my life period. Darius was like my father, brother, or cousin to me.

I looked up to him and he always made sure I was straight. He made sure I at least graduate high school. He always told me, "if you go be a thug be a smart one. But don't let nobody take your kindness for weakness. Ain't no pussy in our blood" I laughed at the thought of him saying that. He always kept it real and spoke his mind.

"Look cuz, I don't know why I'm here, shit ion even know how I'm talking to you" I said

"My nigga you was shot three times, and your laying in a hospital bed in a coma" he said rolling his eyes

"Nigga stop playing with me"I said

"I'm not nigga damn, first things first what the fuck are you doing here my nigga" Darius said

"So what's this supposed to be like Heaven or some shit cause I ain't ready to die man, I have sons and daughters to look after and a baby on the way" I said crying

I ain't even go lie my first time I got Tiana pregnant I denied TJ but when he was born he came out looking just like me but light skin. Tiana and I was on and off for 6 six years before I officially moved on. Throughout those six years we made three kids together. And then I got some Puerto Rican chick pregnant right after we broke up. Then we stopped messing around after my beautiful baby girl Kayori turned 3 and now we finna have our second child together. I know it's mine because I did the math and she the only one I been really fucking raw. Yneleí is crazy af and don't play when it comes to me or Kayorí. The day my babygirl was born was the day I knew I had to straighten my life up.

I wanna be in my kids life and watch them grow up and shit. I wanna be able to knock out any little nigga that ask my daughter out. Or watch my sons run down a field or court.

"I seen all that G, but foreal I told yo ass I wanna see you up here no time soon. I only been gone for a year nigga damn. Yo I know you not going pussy on my now. Like dead ass B, how they caught you lacking. Tighten up fam" Darius said ,

"It's all cool cuz  ima handle mines" I said

"Was it them same little niggas that you hit up in the store last month? And wassup with that bitch hanging out at the warehouse and shit, that's what we doing now" he asked