Chapter 20

Ashley's POV

"So?"

"Yeah so."

"Can you tell me everything now?" Michelle asked raising her right eyebrow.

I sigh. "Okay, but promise me you won't freak out or feel pity for me and don't interrupt me till I'm done explaining. Okay?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okay, I promise." She nods.

"I'm only telling you this because you are the only one I will let in, no one else. So don't tell anyone. It all started at home....." I explained to her everything about how my uncle abuses me and why I don't allow her to visit me when I am at home. I told her that my parents may still be alive but I don't know where they are. That my uncle told me my parents don't want me that's why I'm staying with him.

I told her why I wasn't at school for two weeks and how I got to Chase's house. Sometimes I hear her gasp but I chose to ignore them.

I was looking at my hands on my lap the whole time while telling her everything. I finally looked up. Her eyes are red while tears still fall.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her with a worried expression.

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"Because, I didn't want you to feel any pity for me or ask me 'am I okay' every time I come to school." I told her the truth, letting out a sigh. She stood up, ran to my side of the table and hugged me tight.

"I can't believe you passed through all this and you managed to get to school happy. I did not even notice this." she said pointing at the fading bruises I showed her while explaining.

"But please promise me you won't tell anyone about all this I told you. Promise?" I said while we do the pinky swear.

"Promise." she went back to her seat.

"Now whip away those tears of yours and fill me in, on what's going on between you and Ace." I said watching her blush.

"Gosh!!! I don't even know where to start. You missed a lot. Okay, let me think first." She said taping her jaw. "Okay, you know what, I'm gonna cut it short." she stared at me.

"Yeah, go on." I gestured for her to continue.

"Well, the two weeks you weren't around. He will be there for me. At break, he and his friends, Chase and Mason will sit with me and make me laugh to death. I don't usually see Chase but he's a cool guy. You know what they say never judge a book by its cover. Well, I guess I did that to Chase before. But though he didn't talk or laugh much. He would usually be on his phone or stare ahead, that's by the way.

So Ace would follow me to my classes and kiss my cheek before saying goodbye. Then we exchange phone numbers. He always says goodnight to me before sleep."

"So, do you like him?"

🥀🌷🌷

We finally got home. You have no idea how happy I am. Michelle dropped me off before leaving. I got in the house.

"Hey Chase your girl is back and my sister is back!!" Mason shouts once he saw me.

"Really Mason? I'm not even his girl." I said while my cheeks turn red.

"But you guys like each other. Can one of you admit it for ones?" Mason whines.

"You know what? I have had a long day today. So goodnight." I said walking past Mason who is sitting on the couch.

I bumped on something hard no someone's hard chest. I looked up to see Chase.

"Oh sorry. I'm just really tired and goodnight." I get nervous around him.