Chapter 39 - Threads and Scarves

"We could cut through the park, it would be faster that way." Lilith suggested as the pair stepped out of the convenience store.

"Yeah, you're right. Aren't you a bit scared though? It's quite dark out here."

"Not with you around, Prince Charming." She joked, a dramatic tone and the back of her hand on her forehead.

Spencer laughed. "For real, though."

"Yeah, I'm a little scared, but you're here so it's okay. It's more the cold that I'm not enjoying." Lilith shivered a little.

"That's something we can fix." Spencer said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her a little closer to him.

Lilith stared down at the shopping bags as she wondered. Spencer was always more confident around her; did he think a lot about the actions he took around her? The way he placed his arm around her, as if it was completely normal. But this wasn't normal for Spencer.

The two made their way through the dark alleys of the park.

"So, how's it been going with Jeanine?" Lilith asked after a bit.

"Hm...I'd say it's going okay. She's a nice person."

"Yeah, she is. She really helped me a lot through my hard times. So has Ezra. Especially after Angie's death..."

Spencer squeezed a little tighter. Lilith smiled. He always seemed to know what to do, what to say.

"I just had a thought." Lilith paused for a bit.

"Hm..?"

"We should totally make friendship bracelets when we get back."

Spencer laughed.

***

"No! Don't mess it up! I'm the one who's going to have to wear it after!" Lilith protested as she tried to grab Spencer's bracelet.

"It's a very nice color! I don't understand what you're against." He tried to pull it away from her as he laughed.

"I prefer this shade." She picked out a royal blue thread.

"Fine! But you have to make my bracelet with this shade." He handed over a burgundy thread.

"Hmm... okay...deal."

The two were sat on the floor, a bunch of colourful thread in front of them. They had looked up tutorials online to make each other bracelets, and were using their legs as their working surface.

"Wow... you're going way too fast! Hold up!"

"Make me. Handcrafting is my thing." He teased, focusing on making his own pattern, his hands criss crossing in a nearly competitive way.

"Ugh, if I rush it it will look bad. I want you to have a nice bracelet."

"I'm sure you'll make something nice." He smiled at her. "Talking about it, I'm already done."

"What?!" Lilith was barely halfway done.

"Give me your wrist." Spencer asked gently, as he pinched on the ends of the bracelet.