Chapter 6: Forgotten

She heads downstairs to once again notice Alastor talking to Gideon. She didn't want to disturb them so she wondered around her house, getting back memories when her parents were alive. She remembered how her mother would dance with her in the ballroom area and that she would sing as her father played the piano. She looked at the family portrait on the wall as a tear left her eye.

She then felt a hand on her shoulder and one on her waist "You miss them... don't you?" The calming voice of Alastor asked her. She nodded, sad as she remembered the past. He pulled her into a comforting hug "Don't cry, and don't frown. Smile, and it will make you feel better." He assured her. She looked at him and smiled, her mood slightly improved. "There we go. I need to do something so I was here to tell you that you won't see me for the rest of the day. Stay out of trouble, understand?" (Y/n) nodded, afraid of what he might do to her if she disobeyed.

And just like that, Alastor vanished. Just as she was about to leave the room, a small but noticeable sound met her ears. She headed toward the sound to find something she absolutely hated, a possum. Now most people love possums, but ever since that stupid incident where a possum almost made her get hit by a car, she absolutely hates them. She grabbed a knife from the kitchen and began chasing it, going out of the house, determined to kill that damn animal.

She followed it down the street, passing many houses in the area. Suddenly, she heard an unpleasant voice, which made her stop chasing the furry vermin. "Hey freakshow, finally got some new clothes to try and fit in? Sorry honey, but girls wear skirts, not suits." It was a girl from her class. "I guess she wasn't in school earlier either..." (Y/n) thought to herself. The girl then came out of her gate and made sure nobody was around before hitting (Y/n). The girl then dragged the dazed (y/n) into her car and drove to a dark forest.

She pushed (Y/n) out upon their arrival and she left her there saying "Those disgusting wolves will kill you. Don't need to thank me~" and drove away. (Y/n) was in an unknown forest all by herself as her ears picked up the sound of the unsettling howls of the vicious, bloodthirsty wolves. She got up, determined to find a way out of the woods. She figured that being as quiet as she could would help her, so she walked around quietly, making sure to not to snap any twigs.

She used the small pockets of light that seeped through from the canopy of leaves above her to her advantage to look ahead and figure a way out. But (Y/n) felt as if something was following her from behind, which made her extra cautious. Suddenly, a sound broke the silence of the woods, a vicious growl from her left seemed to echo throughout the darkness. She shifted her gaze and saw the potentially rabid, vicious, untamed and fierce eyes of a wolf. Her heartbeat quickened as she heard it's disgusting but fear-stirring growl again, wondering why she got so carried away chasing a bloody possum.

The wolf howled, gathering more wolves around her. Her eyes widened, as the growls became louder. She gripped that knife she had in her hand, as she looked around to face the hungry pact of rabid wolves. She stood idly, awaiting for their attack as the wind softly blows. Then a wolf jumps at her, and she stabs it, angering the rest of the wolves. She ran as fast as she can, still holding her knife, as the brutal pack began chasing her from behind.

Out of the blue, the wolves suddenly stopped as something else caught their eye. It was a majestic deer that stood on a nearby hill, watching below as the wolves took notice. One of the wolves looked back and growled, dashing towards (Y/n) once again. She quickly began sprinting as the rest of the wolves hunted the deer. (Y/n) stopped and watched the wolf sprint towards her, her knife ready to rip it's guts out. Then the unexpected happened, the wolf stopped right in front of her as he heard the death screams of it's pack members.

She thought it was safe until the wolf became even more savage than before as it pounced on her, scratching her face, arms, torso and legs, making a bloody mess. She tried to use her strength to stab the unholy thing, but she was in so much pain, and losing so much blood, that her energy just depleted. The sound of footsteps rang in her ears as she felt herself passing out. (Y/n) looked at where the sound was coming from and saw the same deer.

She was confused because deers are a wolf's prey, and she heard the sound of the dying wolves earlier, but the deer was still alive.
She laid there in confusion as her eyes closed and opened tiredly, seeing the four legs of the dear become two. She heard a fingersnap, which sent a wave of sound throughout the forest. The wolf whimpered in fear before the figure took the knife out of (Y/n) hand and slashed it, meeting it's painful demise. "(Y/n)!" A voice shouted, angry. But (Y/n) just laid there, weak and in pain. "I can't belive you've forgotten rule number three!" He growled, kicking her hard enough to alert her.

"S-Sorry... Alastor... I-It won't happen again..." she coughed, but Alastor was blinded by rage, not towards her, but to himself. "I can't believe I.. I BROKE A DEAL!!" He laughed insanely. He grabbed the bleeding (Y/n) and teleported back to her house. From what seemed to be an instant, (Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open. She found herself on her bed with a slash across her torso, making her flashback to when Alastor slashed the wolf. His force was so strong that he overshot, also slashing (y/n) in the process. "Alastor, where are you?" She called out, but nobody answered.