Chapter 16 - The intruder

Eleanor's POV

He cleared his throat and mumbled. "I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't think about it before. Maybe in the future." He said expressionless. "Why did you ask?" He asked, giving me a questioning look.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just curiosity." I responded and forced a smile.

He nodded and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Come on. I will drop you off." He said. I nodded.

I was pacing back and forth in my living room.

How will I tell Asher? He is going to freak out.

I screwed up my courage and grabbed my phone. I called Asher and told him that we needed to talk. He informed me he was in his penthouse.

As soon as I hung up, I grabbed my bag and left.

When I walked into his living room, Asher was coming downstairs.

"Ellie, are you okay? Your voice was worried when you called me. What happened?" He asked, worried.

I bit my lower lip nervously, looking down

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I bit my lower lip nervously, looking down. He approached me and placed his finger under my chin, lifting my head up.

"Tell me. What is bothering you? You don't look yourself." He said, stroking my cheek affectionately.

I breathed deeply and pulled the stick out of my bag under Asher's intrigued gaze.

"I am pregnant." I confessed all in one breath and showed him the stick.

"What?" He mumbled, stunned and pulled his hand back instantly like I burnt his hand

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"What?" He mumbled, stunned and pulled his hand back instantly like I burnt his hand. His face got white.

"I am pregnant." I repeated, squeezing the stick in my hand nervously.

"How?" He mumbled, running his hand through his hair. "No, I didn't mean this way. But you were on pills." He added, perplexed.

"When we broke up, I stopped taking them. Then you came and...everything happened fast." I explained.

He clenched his fist, gritting his teeth.

"Don't worry. We will handle it." He said dryly, waving his hand in the air.

My eyes widened in shock, looking at him and placed my hand on my stomach protectively, stunned by coldness in his tone as I dropped the stick onto the floor.

"Which way?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Abortion of course." He replied and grabbed his phone.

"No way!" I shouted.

He raised his eyebrow. "You want it?!" He asked, confused, pointing to my stomach.

"I can not kill my baby." I replied as my eyes welled up.

He rolled his eyes. "It is just a fetus. Don't be oversensitive." He stated dryly.

I looked at him, stunned.

How can he talk about our baby like this?

I couldn't feel good. My legs were shaking.

"I am not ready for it. We have plenty of time. It is early. Too early." He said, running his hand through his hair. "And we just fuck each other. Yes, we started dating, but having a baby...." He shook his head, giving me a wry look. "Yes, I love you, but it doesn't mean I am planning to start a family with you nor someone else right now." He added firmly, scattering my heart into a million pieces.

"Yeah, just fuck each other." I commented bitterly.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean it." His eyes softened a little. "But...understand me. I am not ready for it. It is a big step for me." He confessed, giving me an apologetic look.

He wanted to approach me, but I raised my hand in the air, stopping him.

"Don't worry. I will not burden your life. I will get an abortion." I informed bitterly, giving him a disgusted look and left his penthouse in quick steps.

Asher's POV

"Damn it!" I exclaimed and pushed everything off the centre table.

I poured a glass of whiskey for myself and went to my study room, grabbing the bottle with me.

I woke up with a pounding headache the following morning. I fell asleep on my seat in the study room last night. I rubbed my neck, leaning back against my seat, closing my eyes.

I stood up barely and went to the kitchen. After taking a painkiller, I went to take a shower. I needed to relax.

I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. I leaned my elbows on my tights, looking down.

I ran my hand through my hair, staring at the stick laying on the floor among the broken glasses. I breathed deeply and picked up the stick. I was staring at two lines that turned my world upside down.

I was angry at Eleanor. It was her fault. How didn't she forget to warn me that she stopped taking pills?! It was irresponsible of her. If she told me about it, I would use the condom. And now we were going to spend a good time together, instead of arguing. And after yesterday, I felt we would never be the same.

Fuck!

I gripped my hair angrily and collapsed onto the couch. I trailed my fingertip over the stick, staring at it, thinking.

"Hey you little intruder, it is all your fault that everything has fallen apart." I commented with a sad smile, looking at the stick.

I took a deep sigh and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and looked at the stick again, running my hand through my hair.

I don't feel ready. Am I ready? No, it is early. Too early.

I sighed.

A baby.

It was getting so serious. And it was too fast. All of a sudden my life totally changed. Having a child was a big step for me. It was a big responsibility. Even deciding to start a serious relationship with Eleanor was a real big step for me. But now, a baby added to it. It would change my life completely. If I couldn't be a good father?! Especially, when I didn't have a good example. I had to give up my carefree life. On the other hand, everything Eleanor doing would now be centered around him or her. I took a deep sigh.

But Eleanor.... She was so caring, kind, loving. She would be a great mother. I smiled, imagining her holding a little boy with brown hair in her arms. Maybe we could manage it together. Eleanor would help me. Maybe this little intruder would change our lives in a good way.

Who knows?!

And on the other hand, I didn't want to lose Eleanor. I love her so much. I had never felt like this before. She was something else. For being with her, I should change my life completely, I would do it. Yeah, I would try it. For me, for her....and for this little intruder.

Between Hate and Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें