Chapter 41 | Long night

'Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes'

(`_' )ゞ

A c e

"This is a nice place," Ray says, excitedly roaming the halls of my hotel room.

I sit there slouching on the coach watching her look around the room with a big smile on her face while I just look at her from under my lashes making a double chin, feeling like an old man.

"A place you're not supposed to be in," I remind.

"Well, I'm here," she responds.

"I still didn't get your reasoning for coming here," I sigh a long sigh.

"Because," she stops to think, "I wanted to help."

I stare at her as she fidgets knowing the reasoning was dumb.

"So you're telling me," I begin standing up, "that hundreds of mallows here with me isn't enough?" I trap her in front of the wall but she slides down and escapes.

"Two more wouldn't hurt. Besides, I brought you Blake," she says like it's a good thing but I feel my brow tick downwards into a frown.

"Yes you did," I say, reminding myself to question his motives.

Instead of being petty about her being here, I savor the time before I send her safely back to North America and pull her back into my chest, suddenly needing her contact. She sighs, thinking I've calmed down , and further buries her head into my chest, deeply breathing in.

"Where's Blake?" I ask, barging into the mallow's hotel room where Blake was staying. They all freeze, one brushing his teeth, others playing cards before snapping out of it and pointing towards the exit door.

I burst out of there and I could feel them staring at me dumbfounded but I zoom through the hallways of the hotel looking for him when I saw him innocently waiting for the elevator.

"You brought Ray here?" I push his shoulder making him almost fall in shock.

"Ace, listen," he tries to speak before being cut off.

"You've gotten real comfortable around here Blake, but let me remind you what this gang is and what part I play in it," I say angrily. He stays silent, probably already foreseen this lecture coming.

"When I trust you with the most important thing in my life and I see you didn't do your job," I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. "It doesn't work that way."

After gathering my thoughts while he stayed silent, I say, "Blake, because you are my right hand man, you get to stay in the gang unlike others. However, your month suspension has started. Pack your bags, I don't want to see you until then. You are a danger to Ray and the gang so I don't need to see your face. Take a holiday vacation from the company and go visit your family."

Once I've finished, my eyebrows loosen up and they're back to their normal place but Blake just looked shocked. I went really easy on him but it seems he didn't even expect this, or he was hurt when I said he was a danger. It didn't matter, he's the one who couldn't do his job properly in the first place. If the Marshmallows want to keep their name as the most feared mafia, I need to take action towards those who stand in the way.

"Yes, sir," Blake says, sounding really hurt but he just stood there waiting for me to change my mind.

I didn't give him a second look when I retreated to the room as I heard the elevator ding but Blake was far gone to enter as he took the stairs. I stop for a second to close my eyes and take a deep breath and see a man walk past me when I open them. His tattoo on his arm seemed strangely familiar and when I paid a closer look to it, I realized why.