Chapter 48 | You guessed it

'I'm not givin' up, givin' up
No, not me
Even when nobody else believes
I'm not goin' down that easily
So don't give up on me'

(@ρ@)

"Ace, it's still seven in the evening," I say as I resist getting dragged up to the bedroom.

"So?" He says, looking confused.

"Why don't we take a moment to enjoy the outside?" I roll my eyes.

"We can do that in our bed," his eyes flash with emotions I'm familiar with.

"No Ace, I'll have to say we can not enjoy the outside from inside," I groan.

And of course, our conversation had to be cut short with someone ringing the doorbell and Ace acting like he didn't hear.

"I'll go get it," I say.

"Get what?" he acts oblivious.

"As far as I know, you're not deaf," I roll my eyes and hold back the sigh. It's like his maturity lessens as days go by.

When I open the door, confetti is popped and thrown on my face and I hear a loud Congratulations coming from everywhere. I open my eyes to see the mallows, Rose and Blake standing outside.

"No no no no," Ace comes in shaking his head and immediately the majority of the gang looks terrified. "I said the day after I pop the question, not the hour after."

"Thank you guys so much!" I say, ignoring Ace's sour comment.

"My baby is growing up so fast," Rose comes in and hugs me.

"How does everyone know where we live?" I ask Ace quietly.

"I made the mistake of trusting them," he simply answers.

"Blake! How are you feeling?" I ask since he was in the hospital last time I saw him.

"Better than ever," he hugs me.

After a lot of hugs, greetings to our home and receiving presents, we were all situated on the ground floor while some of the guys cooked for us. They all insisted we don't do any of the work since the party is in our honor, but I still tried to help as much as I could.

"I really shouldn't have invited them," Ace groans from behind me and I stir in his arms.

"Don't be like that, this is fun," I say, upset. "But if you're not having fun, it makes it less fun."

He stares at my pout and steals a quick kiss from me. "I can't win against you, can I?"

Suddenly feeling the confidence to do it, and since everyone else seems preoccupied either with the televisions or cooking, I look around before standing up slowly. Ace looks confused, but when I tug at his hand to follow, he does so without question.

"I didn't expect you to be the one inviting me to bed while all our friends are here," he sounds surprised.

I refrain from saying anything but could only roll my eyes. Once we reach our room on the third floor, I sit Ace on the bed while we can still hear yelling and laughing from downstairs. The noise fades when I close the door and Ace looks confused even further.