<14-

warning: smoking. i dont know if that needs a warning but im putting one anyways.  

---------------------

shuichi had been living at miu and kaede's for a few days. his confidence was coming back, and fast too. he had started talking to rantaro more, who helped him with his confidence as well. shuichi began getting things back onto his phone, but still didnt contact kaito or kokichi. "hey, shuichi." rantaro said as he walked into kaede and miu's house. shuichi looked over at him, "hi, rantaro." he said casually, letting out a yawn as he stood up. "so, uh...i visited kokichi and kaito a couple days ago. they're fighting even more than before." he sighed, draping his arms over the side of the couch. shuichi narrowed his eyes, "i'm gonna go talk to them..." 

"really?" rantaro smiled softly. "hey, dont murder them." he said as shuichi stood up and grabbed his phone. "you want me to come with you?" he asked. shuichi glanced at him, "...no, ill be fine." he smiled. as he headed out the door, rantaro waved. shuichi heaved a somewhat nervous sigh as he made his way down the street. once he got to the house, he could hear the yelling from outside. "dear god.." he muttered. he pulled out his keys and unlocked the door, walking in. kaito and kokichi stopped fighting and looked at shuichi in surprise. "shuichi!!" they both yelled with smiles. as they began to approach the boy, he narrowed his eyes and raised up his hand.

he put all of his energy into his hand and balled it into a fist, then managed to punch both of them in the cheek. kokichi stumbled backward and kaito's eyes widened. "you...dumbasses!!" shuichi yelled. "fighting wont solve any of your damn issues!!" he snapped. kokichi and kaito were taken by surprise by his aggressiveness. "for fucks sake just SHUT UP AND THINK ABOUT WHO ELSE YOUR FIGHTING CAN BE AFFECTING!!" shuichi screamed, tearing up. kokichi and kaito looked at each other. "we're sor-" kokichi started. "SORRY WONT FIX IT!! B-but..." shuichi looked down, tears rolling down his cheeks, "i-i f-f-forgive you b-both an-anyways..." the two boys came forward and hugged shuichi. 

kokichi and kaito were overjoyed since shuichi was back, but they felt bad. they were the ones who drove him away. shuichi told them where he had been for the past few days, so kaito went to get the rest of his stuff he left there. but when he came back, it was just kokichi asleep on the couch. "shuichi?" kaito called. he went up the stairs and looked in the boys room. his window was open. "he must be on the roof." kaito muttered. the boy made his way to the window and carefully climbed out, grabbing onto the ladder above the window and beginning to climb. once he got up there, he did see shuichi. "hey, shui-" until he saw a small puff of smoke. thats what stopped him. shuichi looked at him with wide eyes. "k-k-kaito!!" he yelped. "you.." kaito had nothing to say.

shuichi quickly put out the cigarette he had and flicked it over the side of the roof. "shuichi, why-" kaito started. "my..old friends, in the beginning of high school convinced me to and...addiction's a bitch." shuichi said, sighing. kaito only walked over to him and hugged him. shuichi hugged back slowly. "your swearing a lot more." kaito chuckled softly. the shorter boy laughed a little, "yeah, i guess i am. is that...good or bad?" "hmm...i would say neither." he kissed shuichi's forehead. "now, lets go back inside before kokichi panics. i think its supposed to snow soon." shuichi nodded and the two headed inside and sat on the couch near the sleeping kokichi. shuichi slowly attempted to pull kokichi into his lap without waking him up, but that didn't work. kokichi let out a low groan as the taller male put the shorters head in his lap.

"shuichi-chaaan...you woke me uuup..." he whined, yawning quietly. "well, you can go back to sleep. seems kaito already did." the two laughed as they looked to kaito, who was leaned against shuichi fast asleep.  "hm, well shumai, im sleeping. i dont think you can really go anywhere since your trapped by your two loveable boyfriends, so i assume your doing the same." kokichi said with a small giggled before closing his eyes again. "yeah, im gonna...sleep..." shuichi mumbled as he fell asleep along with the other two boys. 

-----------------------------------

word count: 729

👀👀