Part I - Prologue ♡

Dedicated to
the_antysocial_nerd
JanelleSheeran
yo_fave_slimmy
chickenwingofficial

As promised!

*✩Anchorage, Alaska

Noelle's POV

I squeeze myself through the crowd. Alcohol and sweat... reeking from every single person I passed by.

What is wrong with everybody?

I pinch the bridge of my nose and manage to make it out into the small clearing of the club. I look around and pick up a short route to the other side of the club where the few sane ones are.

God help me.

I groan and tuck my purse securely under my armpit and dive into the ocean swimming with young college graduates who were horny and broke... well not all... most of them. I make it halfway across when an obvious Satan-sent red-haired pulls me elsewhere.

“I have been looking all over for you!” her words were slurred.

“Lydia was that necessary?!” I shout over the very loud music, slinging my purse across my shoulder.

The music blasting from the speakers was making my ears bleed.

“Very!” she giggles.

I furrow my brows at her.

“You're drunk!”

She widens her brown eyes.

“I had just one glass... and probably four or five more!” she indicates with her fingers.

I sigh and push her shoulders down into the chair. She just laughs. I fish through my purse and find my phone.

“Oh my goodness, Noelle, I can see two of you!”

“There's only one of me, Lydia!”

“Are you sure?! Because she looks so much like the fun not serious version of you... which you've been lacking since our first day here!”

“Shut up please?!” I asked with a sigh, trying desperately to reach her boyfriend and my best friend, Carter Gibbs.

“If you're trying to reach Carter, you can just give up already!”

I pull the phone away from my ear and dial the number.

“And why's that?!” I ask, holding it back up my ear and blocking the other ear with a finger.

Lydia's eyes begin to close slowly.

“Because he's behind you!”

I frown.

“You're seeing things, Lydia. You shouldn't drink again. You've had enough for tonight!”

She bites her lower lip and giggles. I look away horrified. She was probably imagining making out with Carter. A feeling surges through me and I shake it away.

“I'll just call one last time then...”

“BOO!” someone jumps from behind me and tickles my sides.