I

Aurora's POV

I sigh in relief when I finally finish the last of my algebra homework.

School sucks.

Maybe I should drop out and become a stripper.
My parents would disown me, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

My thoughts are cut off by the sound of my phone buzzing. I smile when I see I received a text from my best friend, Melody Jones.

mel🦋
BBY GUESS WHAT??!!!!

rory🍒
WHAT?!

mel🦋
YOU KNOW HOW I'M LIKE, IN LOVE WITH RUEL VAN DIJK?!!

Of course that's what this is about. Melody has been obsessing over some singer named Ruel. She's tried to get me to listen to him, but I honestly don't really care to. I don't even know what he looks like.

I may be a basic teenage girl, but i'm definitely not the type to obsess over their celebrity crushes. I know I don't have a chance so what's the point?

rory🍒
oh no

rory🍒
yes i know, how could i not when
you talk about him 24/7

mel🦋
...ANYWAYS -_-

mel🦋
MOMMA JONES GOT ME TWO TICKETS TO HIS SHOW AND WE ARE GOING

rory🍒
wait a second

rory🍒
you mean you* are going

mel🦋
rory please!!!!!! your parents already know and everything

mel🦋
i have no friends

mel🦋
besides you

mel🦋
i'm gonna look so lame if i go by myself :(((((

rory🍒
well who's fault is that you antisocial bum

rory🍒
but fine, i'll go

mel🦋
OMG I LOVE YOU

mel🦋
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I'M GONNA COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND GIVE YOU A KISS

rory🍒
plz don't

rory🍒
also i have one condition

mel🦋
oh gr8

rory🍒
you have to buy me a bag of twizzlers
whenever i ask for a whole month

mel🦋
pfft easy

mel🦋
so you're really really going??!!?
rory🍒
yes

rory🍒
now bring me some twizzlers peasant

[]

"...I think i'll probably start crying when I see him. You should've seen my reaction when my mom gave them to me, I basically had a seizure."

I laugh at Melody's ranting. She's been going on and on about how excited she is, while i'm just chilling here eating my twizzlers.

"When's the show?" I question as I plop down onto my bed.

She smiles sheepishly. "It's actually this Saturday."

Today is Friday.

My eyes widen and I sit up. "What?! By this Saturday you mean tomorrow?!"

Melody nods. "Yes! So you're sleeping over tonight and then we're driving out to Sydney to stay in a hotel after the show." She says excitedly.

We live in Canberra, Australia which is kind of near Sydney. It would make sense to stay at a hotel cause I doubt either of us will want to drive three hours home at night.

I groan. "Okay, okay. Help me pack?"

[]

a/n: this was sort of the intro chapter so sorry about the length:)