XII

Aurora's POV:

I wake up to multiple notifications coming from my phone the next morning. Melody left late yesterday since she had work this morning.

I remember the events from last night and rest my head in my hands.

Are Ruel and I even still together?

I finally pick up my phone and my eyes widen.

12 missed calls from ruel🖤
10 missed FaceTime calls from ruel🖤
21 messages from ruel🖤

I read his latest messages and frown.

ruel🖤
i'm sorry

ruel🖤
please answer

ruel🖤
i should've believed you

ruel🖤
melody explained everything

aurora💓
so you'll believe her but not your girlfriend?

ruel🖤
Mobile
[Accept] Decline

I reluctantly click the accept button when I see him calling.

"Rory, baby i'm so sorry." Is the first thing he says.

I stay silent.

"You're right, I should've believed you when you first told me what happened. I-I just, I got scared. We live three hours away from each other. You could easily find someone better who you'll be able to see everyday-"

I cut him off quietly. "I don't want that Ruel, I want you. I don't care how far away you are as long as i'm yours."

I hear Ruel let out a shaky breathe. "I know that now, and of course you're mine Rory. I'm sorry for not listening."

I smile slightly. "It's okay...I forgive you."

"But you shouldn't. Melody told me how upset you were last night, because of me." I can hear the guilt in his voice.

"I'm fine now that we're okay, don't worry about it." I say softly.

Ruel groans. "I really want to hug you right now."

I giggle. "Me too, I miss you a lot."

"I miss you way more princess."

[]

I lie awake, staring at the ceiling. It's late at night and I can't sleep.

My parents are having an argument once again.

This has been happening for a while now, which I think is one of the reasons my mom was okay with me going on the tour with Ruel. I wouldn't have to hear their constant arguing over how my dad doesn't care about us and how dramatic my mom is.

They know I can hear them.

But like always, they don't seem to think about how all the yelling may affect their daughter and how depressed she is because of it.