Chapter 11

After Harper and I filmed the live video, we ordered some food for dinner. We chatted while we ate and caught up with each other. I decided not to tell him about my stalker because I didn't want him to know I was suspicious of his friend. Plus I didn't have any real proof that it was Peyton or that this stalker was even dangerous.

Kiara called between her classes and I talked with her for about ten minutes. Harper made kissy noises during it, but mostly played on his phone while we talked. I wished she could come with us, but she had work in the morning.

Then I changed into a good clubbing outfit consisting of a black mini skirt and white crop top. I changed in the bathroom and gave Harper a little runway show for some laughs. I also made sure to give Biscuit some much needed love, attention, and dinner.

Harper and I invited our other friends Mikayla and Jose before we headed over to his place. They were roommates and both worked at the restaurant where Harper and Mallory used to work. The place where their friendships began, then I joined their group when I moved to LA.

Harper drove us to his place because he said and I quote, "I must change and look my best in case Mallory comes." I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd already texted her about our club plans and she declined saying her and Matt were staying in.

We took an uber from Harper's place to the club and met Peyton out front. He was leaning against the wall near the bouncer looking at his phone. He was wearing dark skinny jeans, a cobalt blue flannel, and he wasn't wearing his glasses. When we got closer he looked at me with so much intensity that I noticed his dark brown eyes were almost black. He greeted Harper with a handshake/body bump thing and me with a side hug.

We went inside the club together and headed towards the bar. As we moved through the club with Harper in the lead, I felt Peyton's hand on the small of my back guiding me. It sent a chill up my spine, but I didn't say anything. Harper offered to get the first round and I found myself at a table with only Peyton.

Harper took forever to get the drinks as I stood awkwardly with Peyton. Neither of us said anything at first on account of it being so loud. Then he moved closer to me to say something. I couldn't hear him so he moved closer again until he was inches away and in my ear he said, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How are you?" I asked back, hoping he could read my lips a bit and I didn't need to come closer.

"I'm great, especially now, I was glad you decided to come out with us." He said with a smile on his face.

"Yeah me too." I said, "We also invited some other friends, I'm not sure if you've met them yet."

"No I haven't, Harper said they are really fun so it should make for an interesting night." He said. I noticed his left hand was on table now dangerously close to mine. I took mine off and ran my fingers through my curls.

"Yeah it should be." I said, unsure of what to talk about with him. I wanted to demand to know if he was the one sending me those messages, but I couldn't exactly do that now.

"So I heard you got stuck in an elevator today." He said. He had moved even closer this time that I felt his shoe graze mine.

"Yeah I did, it was not pleasant, but I'm glad Harper came over to save the day." I said continuing the conversation. Maybe this would lead to some answers I'm looking for.

"I'm glad he did too, I was stuck in one once for a few hours with some strangers. It was not a very pleasant experience." He said with a laugh. I noticed that he seemed very casual with me and wondered if he had the ability in him to stalk someone.

Harper came back with drinks then and passed them out to us. I took a big gulp of mine, the ice clinking in an uncomfortable way against my teeth. Harper noticed and laughed at me.