Chapter Eight

Luna's POV:

*the day after*

We are setting up the tables. As Noah goes and gets the cake from where they bought it yesterday. They seemed kind of odd when they got back from the shop. All quiet, and secretive. I asked them what was wrong, but they just said nothing.

Anyways the party starts in an hour. I better start getting ready. Since it's Hamilton themed costume party I am going to dress up as Eliza. Mila as Lafayette, Maria, As Angelica, and Noah as King George.

I walk into Milas room to see her wearing her costume. And maria's Hers. "Now why aren't you wearing your costume mommy." Mila says with her best French accent. I giggle. "I will be on my way to do so right now." I walk-into my room, and change into my Eliza costume. I start to sing some of First Burn. "Nice voice," Noah smiles and puts down the cake. "Stop lying." I smile at Noah. "Well at least it's better than mine." Noah starts singing. Mila walks in covering her ears. "Noah singing just isn't for you." She shakes her head and walks towards her cake. Noah picks her up and starts to tickle her.

Mila starts to giggle and begging him to stop. "Say I have a beautiful voice and I'll stop," Noah says as he stops tickling her. "But Mommy taught me that it's bad to lie," Mila says innocently. He starts tickling her again. "N-Noah your voice is beautiful," she says in between breathes. He stops tickling her, and kisses her on her forehead.

I smile brightly. As Noah sets her down. The door bell rings. Mila rushes towards it and opens it. I walk over and greet the parents. The kids rush to the backyard, and start to bounce on in the bouncy house. The parents leave, and we start to serve the food.

*two hours later*

The music is playing, I am cleaning up the plates, and replacing them with new ones for the cake. I smile as I see Noah playing with the kids. I go inside. I go to my room and grab my phone. I hear the door bell ring. I walk down the stairs, while texting my mom. I put my phone in my back pocket as I open the front door.

I open it completely while smiling. My smile soon fades as I see him standing there. My heart starts beating fast. The man that broke my heart. The person that I once lived once was married too is right in front of my face. I thought I wouldn't ever see him, but here we are. Silence. "I was invited by Mila." He lifts up the invitation. I cross my arms. If my daughter invited him it would be best if I l. "Why do you care about her birthday this year?" I raise an eyebrow. Trying to seem strong, but actually wanting the earth to somehow swallow me whole.

"I did care it's a complicated-," he is cut off by mila. "You actually came." Her eyebrows furrow. "You invited him?" I ask her softly. I kneel infront of her. "Yeah, hope your not mad," She smiles. I get up. Mila gets closer to her dad. He hands her a gift, she leads him to the backyard. I close the door and walk outside. I smile sadly at maria. She comes and hugs me. "Be strong sweetie." She pulls away and smiles softly.

I nod. Noah comes out holding the cake. "Cake time!" He smiles brightly, he sets it down on the table. I light the candle. We all sing happy birthday. She blows out her candle. And cuts her cake. I notice Liam smiling. I start to hand out pieces of cake. After I am done I go inside and wash my hands. I turn around and see Liam standing there. "What do you want Liam?" I look him right in his eyes. "I want to see my daughter more often." He leans against the bathroom door. I laugh a humorless laugh to be specific. "After three years of not visiting her, not caring about her...you all of a sudden want to care, and be in her life?" I cross my arms. Trying to keep my cool.

"Look Luna, I know I should have been here for the past three years, but please just let me replace the time lost." He bites his lips nervously. "Liam Jackson, you must learn that when time is lost it can never be replaced." I raise an eyebrow and walk out. I shove him...

 I shove him