First Interview with...PrincessHarley!

This first interview is with Princessharley, an awesome writer. Definitely check out some of her work.

here it is:

1. When and why did you begin writing?

I wrote a little bit of a story when I was fifteen but gave it up pretty quickly, my social life was more important! In 2010 I found Wattpad in the app store and read for a while, then decided to give it a go myself.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?

I was watching a hospital TV show and and there was a scene about transplants. It made me think about what would happen if the donors family met the recipients family, so I wrote about it!

3. Do you have a specific writing style?

I don't really think I have a style. I just write what's in my head! First person is definitely better for me, I can't seem to connect to a story in third person.

4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

There's always a message I suppose. If reading Silence helps just one person, or makes them believe they have the strength to come forward about abuse then it would have been all worth it. I guess the message in most of my books is everything can get better and you can get through tough times. Oh, and never go out alone at night!

5. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Some things are, although nothing is 100% based on anything I've experienced. I wouldn't base any stories on anyone I knew, it wouldn't be my story to tell.

6. If you had to choose, which writer would you like as a mentor?

Err. I really don't think I would want a mentor, writing is a personal thing. I hate anyone being in the same room as me when I write, I would be terrible with a mentor!

7. Do you see writing as a career?

That would be awesome! I'm planning on self-publishing a few things and I'm editing Silence and The Cellar this year to send to a publishing agent. We'll see I guess.

8. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Oh heck yeah! Everything I upload on Wattpad is first draft so there are always things I want to change.

9. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

At school we did some creative writing and that was when I started a story. I must have suppressed it for nine years. Oh, crap, I'm old now!!

10. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Writing some scenes are hard for me. The trial scene in Silence (my version not the Wattpad one) was really hard. I've finished the epilogue of Broken Silence and that one was pretty emotional and difficult to write.

11. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Finding the time! When my son was born (almost a year ago now!) I had to work it all around him, and still do but luckily he goes to bed pretty early. Sometimes when I have the time I don't always feel like writing.

12. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write for yourself and no one else. I hate it when people are writing what they think will be popular! Take on board constructive criticism, it really does help you improve. Most importantly though, enjoy it!