Second Interview with...DarknessAndLight!

alright this is the second interview, same questions different author. Great answers and definitely check out her work!

1. When and why did you begin writing? I begin to write the minute I knew how to write because I’ve always had stories to share

. 2. What inspired you to write your first book? Well, I wrote a lot of stories when I was younger, but my first actual full length book, I wrote it because I had my heart broken and I wanted to fictionally get back at the bastard. I killed him in the end. It was good therapy. It was also a very crappy story! haha

3. Do you have a specific writing style? Hmm, I’d like to think I’m a versatile writer and I like going from humour to horror. But I do prefer writing in the first person because human emotions are probably what draws me the most when I write.

4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Not really. I want my readers to escape their every day life and share the love I have for my characters and my story. Everything else is inconsequential.

5. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? You mean experiences in my stories? If so, yes, there are things in my books that are based on real life experiences, but I don’t write autobiographies, so even if you were there when that thing happen, you might not know I was taking things from that experience. I try to mix as much fiction as I can, while keeping everything realistic.

6. If you had to choose, which writer would you like as a mentor?

John Green, hands down.

7. Do you see writing as a career?

I’d love to see it as a career but I don’t think I have enough talent for that. But hey, a girl can dream, right? haha

8. If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Hmm, which book? Haha Well, honestly, I always see room for improvement, but usually it’s not so much in the plot and more in the way I present things, and well, my grammar. But that’s what editing is for! But aside from that, when I post a chapter, when I finish a story, I already knew how it was going to end, so I don’t ever regret anything.

9. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

Huh, not really. I mean, I’ve always loved listening to my father crazy bedtime stories, and I’ve always loved telling stories myself, so for me, writing has always been included in that. If you just tell a story, it can change, but once you put it down on paper, then you know you’ll always remember it.

10. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Descriptiiiiion! Haha I rather write dialogues because when I read that’s the part I like the most in a book. I love dialogues because you get so much from a person from what they say, or don’t say.

11. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Again, which book? Haha The hardest thing for me in writing, is probably the whole in between! Haha I mean, I have no problem starting a story and writing its ending, but it’s the whole “in-between” that can get tricky! ;P

12. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Don’t give up, but always remember that there’s room for improvement in everything you write. Writing something perfect in one shot is probably impossible, unless you’re inhuman. Also, be as passionate about your story as much as your readers are because otherwise you’ll start getting discouraged about what you write. And I guess, just have fun with it. You shouldn’t be writing to get popular, you should write because you have a story to share.