Chapter 13

-Okay theres going to be under age drinking. Only because it's one of my headcanon that the Kid Pirates don't fully understand how to take care of a child except for Heat and Killer.

Riding on Pete's shoulders as he continuously went back and forth either grabbing tables or barrels from below deck. You leaned from side to side with a smile as you touched the ceiling. “I can touch the roof!” You cheered getting the bearded pirate to snort before pausing. “Yeah kitten you wanna try something?” Pete asked pulling a flask out of his vest pocket and shaking it a little to entice you. Blinking at the silvery canister you leaned on Pete's head and reached out for it. “What is it?” You asked watching the large man unscrew the top and pass it to you. “Its a drink that warms you up and makes you happy.” Pete snicker as you sniffled the liquid and wrinkled your nose. “It smells funny.” You muttered getting him to laugh. “Kitten, it's for drinking not smelling. Just try it.” Pete encouraged looking up at you, making you look at the flask before bringing it to your mouth and tipping it up. Immediately pulling the flask away you held your mouth and winced making your ears drop and you shook your head at the weird tasting liquid still in your mouth. Snorting into full blown out laughter. “Kitten don't hold it in your mouth swallow it! And dont you dare spit it out!” Pete said taking the flask from you and took several swigs from it. Doing as told you quickly swallowed it then slit out your tongue disgustedly. “Why is it spicy? Aren't drinks cold?” You asked grimacing as you still had the after taste in your mouth. “Not all drinks are cold, Kitten. And let me tell you this here is my specialty mixed liquor.” Pete said taking another drink of it. Pouting you eyed the pirate as he glanced up at you. “It still tastes gross.” You muttered getting a grin in return. “You have to drink more for it to taste better. Here try it again.” The bearded pirate said handing you the flask again as he bent down to grab two more barrels. Hesitating for a second you then tipped the flask back and took a couple sips. This time getting a lemony under tasted to the burn. Jumping at the new taste you looked down at Pete in amazement. “Your magic!” You gasped getting the pirate to snort as you started to lightly kick your feet and indulge in the drink given to you. Feeling your head getting lighter you blinked when Peter took his flask back after he put the two barrels down. “Alright that's the last of the barrels and tables. And I think you've hogged my flask long enough.” Pete said capping the silver canister before pulling you of his shoulders. Feeling your hair and tail fluff up as you were placed back on your feet you stared wide eyed at the smooth boards beneath you in amazement just as Thorn brought out several large plates of food followed by Killer and Heat who had helped prepare other foods. Quickly looking up at the three you grinned and giggled as you decided to run around, and through there legs. “Shit! Hey stop that! Damn it (Name) your going to make us drop everything!” Thorn yelled nearly tripping over you as you continued to run around them getting Pete to snicker at your intoxicated antics. Easily dodging you as you ran past Killer shook his head when Heat tilted his head as he watched you run around, noticing how red your face was. Quickly putting the plates down before snatching you off the ground Heat held you up at eye level as you began to flail around wanting to continue running around on deck. “Little one are you okay?” Heat asked making you grin. “I'm fine! Let's play! Let's play!” You squealed making Heat squint as you swung your arms up and down. “Did you give her alcohol?” Heat asked making Killer quickly turn to you then at Pete who was shrugging nonchalantly. “What it was only a little? Ive been drinking since I was little its fine.” Pete said waving his hand dismissively. Holding you closer as you started to play with his hair, Heat shook his head as Killer yelled at the bearded man. Twisting and braiding Heats hair you giggled as he took you inside to the kitchen. Putting you down on the counter. “Little one don't expect any drinks that smell funny to you.” Heat said getting you a cup of water. Tilting your head from side to side. “Why?” You asked taking the large cup from Heat as he sighed and shook his head. “Its not good for you.” Heat answered picking you back up as you started to sip the water being careful not to spill it. Going back out on deck Heat put you down so he could help finish the preparations when you spotted Kid at the front of the ship staring out at the sea. Grinning you ran over and hugged his leg, spilling a little bit of the water in the process. “Hi!” You greeted getting the red head to jump and glare down at you. “Fuck kid, can you not spill shit on me? Fuck! Hold the cup straight!” Kid growled picking you up by the belt making the cup in your hands tip along with your body. Stepping away from the splashing water Kid tsked under his breath before looking at your smiling face. “Hey why is there a buncha food out?” You asked curiously tilting your head making Kid roll his eyes. “Its a victory feast. We beat the shit out of those other pirates, so now we get to celebrate with meat and booze.” Kid said getting you to slowly nod before you asked. “What's booze? Can I try it?” Making Kid smirk and throw you on top of his shoulder as he hoped the railing. Grunting at the hard landing you slid down to sit comfortably on Kids metallic arm as he took the empty cup from you after opening a barrel. Getting a wiff of the strange smelling liquid you turned to the scared pirate. “Heat told me not to drink funny smelling stuff.” You said getting a huff from the captain. “Screw him, I'm the captain and what  I say goes. Now here.” Kid said handing you the cup back, looking from the drink to Kid then back you slowly brought it to your mouth to take a sip when kid tipped the cup higher. “Oh no you dont. You have to down it. Drink, drink, drink! There we go at a girl.” Kid cheered proudly when you finished the liquor and gasped with a grin at the happy look Kid gave you.