Chapter Eleven: Mirror to Narnia

Weakness came over me like a tidal wave, my body grew faint, mind cloudy, eyes droopy and heart finally slowing down as every bit of my magic became dormant in the pit of my gut. My breathing was shallow, the stench of blood and sulfur made me want to throw up, along with the body that laid before us. "Hey." Lucas drops down in front of me, his warm hands upon my shoulders, slightly shaking me back to reality. He was back into his human form; forest green eyes, blonde hair, shaven face and normal length fingers. "Don't you pass out in me?" He was still demanding, so that's normal.

All I wanted to do was fall asleep, I bet it took half of my energy to bring up my magic from its dormant state, yet along use it to kill a demon. I flutter my eyes open and closed to get a grip. "I'm just..." I swallowed nothing but dryness as I tried to catch my breath. "So tired."

"You can sleep wherever you want, but not here. Just stand for me, can you do that?"

I hesitated when nodding. Wrapping a arm around Lucas shoulders, he pulls me to my feet before leading me out of the room, downstairs and towards the front door. It was still raining, however, we didn't care about Mother Nature at the moment. Just as I stepped over the threshold, the rain hits every inch of my body, weighing me down even more as the last thread of energy disappeared. "I need to sit down." I whispered faintly while tempting to let go and plant my add on the porch steps.

Lucas was already hooking his arm under my leg, easily lifting me closer to his body. I rested my head upon his shoulders, face in the crack of his neck, immediately taking in his warm and the static dancing along my skin. My fingers gripped his wet shirt and the nap of his hair, the aftershave was starting to watch away, but it was still present and comforted me. Fluttering my eyes closed, I took him in and remember I was still alive.

'Momma?!' The little girl cried, eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down her chubby cheeks. Darkness swarmed around her, large claws and monstrous shadows crawled along the walls, reaching out to grab her. A light scared them away before they could grab the little girl, the darkness went away as the door opened to reveal her mother.
'What's wrong Jupiter?" The woman wiped her eyes while trying to hold back a yawn. Sitting on the edge of the bed, she fluffed her daughter's pillows and grabbed the stuffed pink bear from the floor.
'A bad dream. It's not working.'
The woman reached over, grabbing the small dream catcher made from her hands. 'One way it can only work is if you believe it works. It's best to have faith in the little things because they have the biggest power.'
The little girl raised a brow at the statement, obviously frustration and confused. 'Can I sleep in your bed?'
The woman hung the dream catcher upon the bed post, her thumbs glide against her daughter's cheeks as she wiped the tears away. 'Okay, but only for tonight.'
Giving her mother a bright smile, the little girl jumped into her arms. 'Thank you Momma.'

I fluttered my eyes open, the bright light made me wince before adjusting. My body felt cold and wet, head foggy with a throbbing pain just above my neck. I rubbed the spot while sitting up, the white sheets cling to my fingers and legs, and the sound of a heavy sigh filled my ears. "Did our appearance raise in suspicions?" I voiced, ignoring Lucas cold glare that was stabbing the side of my face.

"I had to tell them you were an alcoholic, you'll be surprised how relieved they were."

I managed to chuckle, my lips twitched into a small grin, but dropped when I saw his face in the mirror. He looked exhausted, wet, hair all over the place as if he were tugging at it all day, and eyes flickering from unnatural green to its forest color. "Sorry," I peeped while swinging my legs off the bed, I steady them on the carpet before pushing myself up.