②⓪

"i can't believe it's already almost may... next year we'll be seniors!" alex exclaimed as you two walked out of the fourth period class.

"yeah," you said, trying to keep the nerves out of your voice. you had been glancing over your shoulder all day. you checked your texts as you transitioned from family studies to english and saw what the person had to say...

you didn't see anyone look at you in english, but glanced around the room the whole time. you've been so paranoid lately.

"i've gotta get some stuff from my locker, but i'll meet you at the front doors, okay?"

he started to walk off and you felt your heart drop. all day you had been avoiding being alone, but now you and alex were parting ways in a desolate school. what if the person got you? did what they hadn't accomplished in november?

"w-wait!" you stuttered, grabbing his arm befire he got too far. "let me come with you. uh, I can help help carry your bags and stuff!"

"nah," he said nonchalantly, "it's okay. besides, you have to get your stuff too, right? it'll take too much time and my mum wants us to get home as soon as possible to help volunteer at her art show."

you kept a nervous gaze on the floor and alex looked at you in a concerned manner. "is everything okay [y/n]?"

you opened your mouth then shut it, remembering what that person said they would do.

"yeah... everything's fine."

but in reality, it was the exact opposite.