7. Nightmare

You woke up in the middle of the night, panting and shivering.
It was this nightmare again, the nightmare about the clown guys.
They hunted you in your dreams and this time they even shoot at you.
Warm tears ran down your cheeks as you hugged your knees to your chest and buried your face in your hands, whimpering silently.
You looked around to calm yourself down and remembered that you were in Sherlock's bedroom.
Carefully you felt as if someone was laying beside you but the bed was empty.
Of course. Sherlock wouldn't sleep next to you.
But you so much wished he would. Especially now you craved a hug from him or just a touch to make you feel better.

Silently you stood up and walked on your tiptoes into the living room to see if Sherlock was there.
And he was, sitting on his armchair and staring into the fire.
He looked up as you slowly walked over to him.
"Nightmare?", he asked and looked at you concerned, probably having noticed your wet cheeks.
You just nodded and looked down, your fingers playing with the hem of the too big pajama shirt from Sherlock which you were wearing.
"Come here.", he said and gestured you to sit on his lap.
Hesitantly you walked over to him and sat down on his legs.
With a quick movement, he lifted your legs up and placed them on the armrest so that you were sitting bridal style on top of him.
You rested your head on his chest as you tried to cover the dark red blush on your face.
Did this really just happen?

His heartbeat, the way he stroked with his hand over your back and the warmth of the fire calmed you down and it didn't take you long to drift off into sleep again.

Watson walked in very early and found you and Sherlock, well, cuddling. You were still sitting on his lap, sleeping calmly and Sherlock's head rested on yours, his arms protectively around you.
Watson couldn't believe the sight and quickly took a picture of you two before sneaking down the stairs again to get Mrs. Hudson.
She needed to see this.
Mrs. Hudson giggled like a schoolgirl as she saw you both and Sherlock flinched, waking up from his nap.
"Have I missed something important?", Watson mockingly asked as Sherlock lifted his head and looked tardily at the two chuckling persons in front of him.

I'm sorry for the short chapter and I know it's more a filler chapter but hey, at least it's cute ;)