Karate Lesson

Lisa mouthed the lyrics of the current song playing and tapped get feet to the beat. She pressed the home button of her iPhone and the screen lit up and showed the time 8:15pm.

“Whoops, I guess our Sensei’s late.” Lisa laughed to herself.

Lisa's Sensei was a 50 year old man who holds a 2nd Dan black belt. He could have pursued Karate further and easily gotten up to the 4th Dan black belt but he would wave her off and say that he was too old and couldn't be bothered to try. It was hard to get promoted actually. To get another Dan in the black belt, he has to fight 20 people in a row, each person for 2 minutes. And they wouldn't go easy on him.

Lisa smiled to herself when she opened her bag to take out her Karate Gi. (A/N: Gi is a word for uniform) She was a green belt senior, while Rosé, her bestfriend, was a yellow belt senior. She loved to pick on Rosé whenever class started — she was a grade higher than Rosé so the younger one had to give her the respect she deserved in class.
Rosé always teases her and hits her outside class so Lisa loves Karate lessons — they had sparring lessons and she could hit Rosé as hard as she wanted to because of how sturdy the Rosé and were.

After changing into her Gi, Lisa sat on the bench, noticing that everything was the same except for something — there was a girl sitting on the same bench as her, just that she was at the other end of it.

Lisa shrugged and started skimming through her Instagram pictures while bobbing her head to the next song on her playlist. Just as Sejeong was singing her high note in Flower Road, a foreign voice yet not so foreign interrupted her, making her flick open her eyes and stare at the person.

“Hey Lisa, this is my friend, Jennie. Jennie, that’s Lisa.” Seth said while pointing at the girl and then back to Lisa.

“Hey.” Lisa said and gave a curt nod to the girl who was sitting next to her on the bench.

“Erm…” Jennie started.

Lisa noticed how Jennie fiddled with her fingers when Seth walked away, leaving Lisa looking straight at Jennie, an eyebrow raised and having her full attention on that girl.

Sure, Lisa wants to hear Sejeong’s heavenly high note and she was most definitely going to rewind the song so that she could hear it, but something tells her that Jennie had something to say to her.

And when Jennie final spat it out, Lisa’s eyes widened at how dumb it sounded.

“Lisa… Are you… Teaching this class?” Jennie asked, a small smile on her face.

Lisa almost spat out her saliva and started laughing and wheezing at how interested Jennie looked.

After a short moment of coughing, Lisa answered, “No? I'm just a green belt, still about 4 more promotions to the black belt. You're so cute.”

Jennie flushed red and lowered her head. Lisa frowned, why was that girl being so shy? But that was really funny though, Lisa being a teacher.