Chapter 8

"Uhh, Can I use your phone for a moment please?  I need to call my family so that they can pick me up

"Uhh, Can I use your phone for a moment please?  I need to call my family so that they can pick me up.  I don't want to bother you anymore."

"No." Valdus replied in a cold demeanor. Though he looked calm on the outside, his wolf was panicking inside. Moreover cellular phones were uncommon among werewolves. They barely needed one when they could mind link.

"No?  What do you mean by that?"

"It's a simple no. I don't have an explanation for it."

His reply was followed by a long, uncomfortable silence.
He mindlinked the doctor to ask him about the sort of medical  attention she needed.

Mabel, on the other hand was thinking about his irrational behaviour. She wanted to make him see her point, but his words held a sense of finality and her throat ached too. So, she decided against prolonging the conversation. Maybe, he just had a bad day today. She couldn't blame him. She would act cranky too when she felt down. The thought of leaving was still at the back of her mind.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt him grab her hand. She looked questioningly at him, trying to understand what he was going to do. It was when she felt a pinch on the back of her hand, that she realised that he had hooked the drip again. She found it really uncomfortable and wanted it gone.
She decided to use the cutest puppy face that she could muster. It worked on her family most of the times.

"It's hurting me Valdus. Can you pleaseeee remove it?"

Seeing her pull that face on, Valdus really wanted to do what she was asking for.

He decided to mindlink the doctor, to know if something could be done to ease the situation.

"What's there to ask? Mate wants it removed, which means it will be removed. Just do it already." Arius demanded.

"Will you shut up for a minute?" Valdus was aware of the fact that his wolf wanted to fulfill her wish and make her feel comfortable. But, her health and well being always came first. He needed Arius to understand that Mabel was a human and her body was more fragile than a wolf's body. It needed more care.

He had a quick conversation with the doctor. 

"You can do that, but Regina needs to regain enough strength so that her wounds can heal sooner. Rest is up to you, meus Rex.", the doctor told Valdus.

He snapped the link and focused on his mate.

"That would not be possible, mea columba. You need it. It will be gone by tomorrow morning."

Mabel sighed and nodded in understanding.

Valdus made her have some soup, after which she fell asleep, with the thought of leaving tomorrow.

Valdus, on the other hand was wondering as to how he was going to explain the existence of werewolves to her. Initially, he had thought that she was a werewolf.  She smelt like one. But, her reaction towards his wolf, made him doubtful. She was scared of him. She did not recognize him as her mate. His doubts were confirmed by the doctor who told him about her being a human earlier that day.

His search for her family was vain. He got his men to look for all the human families in the state. But, it did not work.

He had two tasks on his hand. First,  ensure that she stays away from her family. Second, explain the existence of werewolves. He was dreading doing both of these things. But those had to be done somehow.

He again covered her with the blanket that she had removed while sleeping.

He wanted to leave as soon as possible so that he could prevent her from going back to her family. It was safer to keep her away. The farther she goes from human civilisation, the better it would be. But, he had to finish the matters here first to be able to go back. He decided to get the work done here tonight, so that they'll be able to head back to his castle tomorrow itself.

He gave her a final look with a quick kiss on her hand and mindlinked the two guards.

"I hope you know the consequences if you make a single mistake." Valdus growled at the guards.

They nodded and he stormed out.

*************************

A loud crash woke Mabel up. Though it sounded distant, it was still loud enough to wake her up. Somebody had opened the door to check upon her. She quickly shut her eyes and pretended to be asleep. She heard the door close and slowly peeled her eyes open. When she could not see anybody in the room,  she quickly got up,  removed the drip and rushed to the door. She slowly opened it.

She could not spot Valdus or anyone else in the corridor. Maybe she should leave now. If she waited for Valdus, he might not let her leave. But, what if she found his two friends or the doctor? She needed to stay away from any people that may be lingering around.

She quickly went inside the room. She covered the pillow with the blanket, giving the impression of a sleeping person. She quickly went outside and searched for a way out. The elevator was beside the staircase. People usually opted for the elevator. So, she decided to use the stairs. She had to be quick.

Hi guys! Was it good or was it bad?  Do let me know! Don't be shy to tell me if it wasn't good. It's completely alright.
Don't forget to vote if you liked it. Thanks for reading :)

 Thanks for reading :)