Chapter 5:

Rose POV:

I am 9 months pregnant. The baby will come any day now. For the past few days, I have been walking around the house and making sure that everything is safe and without pointy edges for the baby. I have been really stressed about this and moving frantically through the house. Jack takes notice of this.  

"Rose, everything is fine! Everything is safe. You need to calm down. The baby will be here any day now," he says. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I walk to the couch and sit down. When I open my eyes, Jack is sitting next to me. I move closer to him and rest my head on his chest, right underneath his neck. My stomach resting on his leg. I know the place where I fit in his arms. 

"Jack, I just want everything to be perfect for our baby. I don't want anything bad to happen after..." I cut off, remembering the tragedy of the Titanic. 

"We'll be alright Rose. Everything will be fine. I'll make sure of it," he responds. I lift my head up to look at him and smile. Suddenly, I feel a trickle of water down my left leg and then we hear a burst. I look down and then look up at Jack. My face is frozen in surprise and awe. 

"The baby is coming," I say as I look into his shocked face. And then the first contraction comes. 

                                                         Jack POV:

The baby is perfect. I hold her in my arms and stare at her angelic face. A tear slips down my face and I can't remember living a life without her. When I finally look up, I sit down on the bed next to my dear, Rose. "How are you doing? You must be very tired," I ask her. 

"Oh, I'm fine. I am exhausted but I have this little girl in my life now and this feeling is amazing," she answers. I lay down and gently rest the baby against my chest. 

"What will we call her?" I ask. 

"That is hard. The name needs to have meaning. it has to be perfect," She says as she smiles. 

"What about... Elizabeth. We can call her Mary for short!" I say. 

"Oh, Jack, that's a great idea!" Rose answers. "So we have it! Little Mary," She says as she looks down at Mary sleeping peacefully. I have become more mature since the birth of my daughter. I realized the responsibilities that I have as a father. I will still have my fun, but take care of my daughter every chance I have. 

"I am so glad to have you in my life, Jack. You gave me a beautiful daughter and the kind of life I've always wanted. We have a beautiful house to grow our family," Rose whispers into my ear. I can just hear the smile in her voice. 

"You are my life, Rose. You deserve all of it and more! I felt like there was something missing in my life before I met you and now you've filled it," I say. I watch her eyes droop with sleepiness and eventually close. That night, I go to sleep with happiness and content.