49. Food And Friends

"Arghhh... Just let me sleep." I groaned, pulling the blanket to my forehead.

"Sleep? You haven't left your bed for the last two days." Sophia's voice pierced my ears and I put my hands against them to save the eardrum from tearing apart.

"Come on. You need to get over that idiot and enjoy yourself." she said.

I could totally imagine Emily standing against my cupboard, listening to our conversation with a confused face.

"I'm enjoying myself." I paused. "By sleeping."

After a while, one of them pulled the blanket away from me. The cold air hit my body and I wrapped my arms around myself. "Don't feed me this crap. I have had enough of you." Sophia said.

"She's right Ali." It was Emily's turn to speak. "You just got your acceptance letter from Columbia. It was your dream to get into an Ivy. And here you are, hiding yourself in your bed instead of celebrating."

He was going to Columbia too. If things between us were any better, I would be jumping on my bed with happiness.

"Just give me my damn blanket back." I shouted at the top of my voice and rotated my body so that I was lying on my stomach now, my face hidden from both of them.

"Fine. You have left me with no choice." Sophia used her threatening tone. "Emily! Call Noah and ask him to get this woman out of her bed."

I thought she was kidding so after they left, I wrapped myself in the blanket once again but half an hour had passed when the door of my room opened and Noah barged inside.

"Come on, Pretty Face. Get your ass out of this bed!" he ordered, standing beside me.

"First, did you really call me Pretty Face? Cringe Alert!" I said. "Second, I am not leaving this bed." I stated clearly, turning my head to the opposite side.

"Are you sure?" he said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Yep." I said.

The next thing I knew, he had kneeled beside me and scooped me up in his arms by placing one hand behind my neck and the other beneath me legs.

"Noah." I screamed. "Leave me you jerk." I shouted but that didn't stop him from walking forwards. He turned towards the washroom, ignoring my efforts of punching his hard chest.

"Forgive me for being so blunt but sweetie, you stink." he taunted, turning me into an embarrassed mess.

"When did you take a shower last time?" he asked, putting me down when he reached the bathroom.

"I don't remember." I replied and he made a gagging face.

"You are going to take a long, warm bath and then you are going to wear some nice fresh clothes." he ordered.

"Sure, Dad." I rolled my eyes.

A mischievous smile played on his lips. "Not Dad sweetie. It's Daddy." he said and then let out a strange noise. "Oh Daddy!"

This time, it was my turn to gag. "Ewww. I'm never going to call my father Daddy again." I contorted my face and then pushed him out of the bathroom.

After he left, I shut the door behind him and hopped into the shower. He was right, I smelled bad. Watching myself in the mirror, my eyes raked over my tangled hair, puffy eyes, dried lips and sunken cheeks.

Oh Adam! What have you done to me?

I poured lots and lots of bodywash on myself, washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner and then after wrapping my body in the towel, drowned myself in my favorite body spray.