Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code

SuviStha made the banner off to the side!! Thanks soo much! Please make banners! I love them!

"I think kids want the same thing from a book that adults want - a fast-paced story, characters worth caring about, humor, surprises, and mystery. A good book always keeps you asking questions, and makes you keep turning pages so you can find out the answers."-Rick Riordan

"I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that illuminate our world, revealing its endless mystery and wonder."-David Moranis

December's Pov.(Not edited)

"That was some spat you had with your family down there." I jumped at the sudden voice that sounded in my room. I was startled by Hunter's presence.

"Hunter aren't you suppose to be at home?" I questioned walking towards my bed.

"I thought about it, but it seems as if you need me more than my house does." He shrugged sitting at the head of my bed, stretching his legs down the length of it.

"Muse needs you Hunter," I mumbled weakly. I was irritated and tired of speaking and surprisingly I didn't want him to go. But his sister was more important than my petty anger with my family. I sighed and got on my bed next to him.

"Nah, Muse has Tristan right now and you have me." And we left it at that. There was no internal battle, no monologue about how I wanted him away, nothing. Hunter sat next to me and we laid in sweet silence; a time for eternal reflection on both parts. He placed his hand on top of mine and I looked at him for a brief second before my eyes went back to the television in front of us.

We spent hours like that, his hand over mine and no one speaking. Hunter broke the silence with a conversation that I didn't want.

"Ryan won't be back for a couple of months I heard. But with him, there's no telling."

"So how serious is the Ryan situation?" This question has been on my mind for a while and it was bothering me.

"I don't know," Hunter sighed and I could hear the frustration. "I'm trying to figure out his problem with you."

No matter how much I wanted to sugar coated, it was serious so I had to tell him the truth. "Maybe it's not really me, maybe it's you."

"Yeah, I know." He ran his hand through his hair roughly, so I decided to take his mind off it. It was the least I could do since he was there for me earlier. I wanted to know what his problem with his brother. I wanted to know so badly but I knew that he didn't trust me completely and he would tell me in due time.

"So what does your Uncle do on his days off?" Hunter asked lifting one of his eyebrows.

"Honestly I have no idea, it seems like he never has a day off. But I think today he does. He just drives in his police car all the time."

"Interesting," I could've asked him why he asked that question but I didn't really want to talk about my Uncle right now.

Suddenly the door opened and Hunter and I were too slow to act. At the door with her eyes wide open was Anna. I can't believe I forgot to lock the door. What if that was my mom? Or worse my Uncle! I would've been dead and all those 'you should trust me' lines would've been complete bullshit.

"Anna close the door!" I yelled and she stepped in and closed it with a big slam. Our hangovers were pretty much over. I don't know if my parents would care or not, seeing as they only thinks its Anna and I right now.